Support for Sennheiser EW-DX

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions Support for Sennheiser EW-DX

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike Storm Mike Storm 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

Is there planned support for there new EW-DX line, or is it already compatible as part of the EW G4?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I suspect it will simply work as expected. As long as Sennheiser didn’t change the communication protocol on this model (and nothing leads me to believe that they have), it should work. Of course there aren’t any devices out there yet (outside of some preproduction models that might be floating around), so I guess no one can say for sure. It’s wouldn’t stop my from ordering them however. Even if there is a small issue that prevents it from working correctly, I’m sure A&H would quickly get it corrected.

Profile photo of AJ Techman
    AJ Techman
    Participant

Adding my vote for this as a theater I work with is looking at a new mixer and new wireless systems!

Profile photo of Schikaneder80
    Schikaneder80
    Participant

Adding also my vote for this. Tried it today. At the moment its not working.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Adding also my vote for this. Tried it today. At the moment its not working.

That is unfortunate to hear. Our church is seriously considering getting one of the Dante versions when they are available. This won’t prevent us from moving forward, but having integration with the console would be nice!

Profile photo of thehallifax
    thehallifax
    Participant

As am I. I bought 13 EW DX units and was told that the support would come out in July. It is August now and I am yet to see this. It was a critical choice in my decision to move away from Shure, and I’m very disappointed.

Profile photo of Joni
    Joni
    Participant

I Want to add my Bote her for This

Profile photo of AndrewH
    AndrewH
    Participant

Also a vote for this. We’ve had EW-DX since January of 2022 and I’ve been patiently waiting… and reading patch notes… And waiting… And reading patch notes… I saw that 1.30 added the latest Shure mics… I was overly excited when I saw QLX-D and ULX-D because I misread them…

We just got our Avantis back from it’s dead audio board we waited on for 6 months so I was overly optimistic that they had released an update to support them.
    Someday… Someday

Profile photo of BMW
    BMW
    Participant

Another vote for this – lack of integration is keeping us from putting in 2 DLive consoles in our halls… we may get pushed to DM-7s since yamaha seems to move faster on wireless integration updates.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Another vote for this – lack of integration is keeping us from putting in 2 DLive consoles in our halls… we may get pushed to DM-7s since yamaha seems to move faster on wireless integration updates.

Really?

You realize “integration” simply means seeing the signal and battery levels on the console instead of another display? It’s certainly nothing critical, especially in a permanent install where the RF environment should be pretty stable. Don’t get me wrong – having this integration is a “nice have”, but it certainly not a “make or break” feature IMHO.

Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

As far as I know the DM7 doesn’t support any wireless integration yet, but I could be wrong?
    Even on the CL/QL I believe they only support the 6000 series from Sennheiser so arguably less than dlive. If anyone here has better information please share.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.