Strip LCD Crashing

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Strip LCD Crashing

This topic contains 25 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JacobBaker JacobBaker 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Simongroom
    Simongroom
    Participant

Having an issue with the strip LCD’s crashing and going to blocks. The colours will still change but all the text will just go full blocked out.
    Can’t seem to relate it to a certain to a particular event yet.

Only way to fix this issue is to do a full restart of the console. I can’t find a surface reset 🙁

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Does it happen on all of them at once?

Chris

Profile photo of Simongroom
    Simongroom
    Participant

I’ve had the entire surface go but recently it’s been the bank 2 sometimes half of bank 2 and sometimes all of bank 2.

Desk is GLD 80 Chrome edition

Firmware 1.51

Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

You can trick a surface reset by changing IP settings of the GLD. Audio will not stop.

Regards,
    Pascal

Profile photo of VDdigital
    VDdigital
    Participant

i am also Having the issue with the strip LCD’s crashing and going to blocks. The colors will still change but all the text will just go full blocked out. but this only happens while at work as i write this I have the board turd on and waiting to see if it happens.. and its been about 6 hours now..

VDdigital
    Participant

a picture of it

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Guy
    Guy
    Participant

Hi there

Keen to hear from anyone who has a way to resolve this as I’m currently experiencing the same issue with my GLD80.

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

Anything relevant in the error log?
    Setup>utility>diagnostics

Sounds like a hardware issue to me, but just guessing.

VDdigital
    Participant

i am not sure if this is Hardware or Software? I did a Full hard Reset and Giving it one more try and if it still not going away i will replace the LCD strips

Profile photo of Guy
    Guy
    Participant

I’ve updated my firmware to the latest revision in hope that it’ll be be the cure. When it happens again I’ll have a look through the log to see if anything relevant is there. I forwarded the issue to my local service agent, hopefully it’s a simple fix.

Profile photo of sergiogut
    sergiogut
    Participant

Hello, Did you guys found a solution for this issue? I’m having the exact same problem, when I start the console it works fine, but after a few minutes, the last 4 strip lcd screens from bank 2 loose the text on all layers, only a reboot of the console gets it back. I’m already on latest firmware, nothing relevant on the diagnostic tool.

Let me know

VDdigital
    Participant

Hellow all,,

I just did few Factory Reset and its holding up for me now. i have been using it for a month now and so far no issues

Profile photo of bharvey
    bharvey
    Participant

Has anyone resolved this problem? I use a GLD80 (currently about 3 years old) that has begun to have the same problem. It started with just the left four channel strips but has now expanded to include all of the input channel strips. So far, the output banks have been unaffected. The only solution so far has been to reboot the mixer. Sometimes it takes several reboots.

Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

You could ty replacing the internal USB cabling. I had an issue that caused loss of communication with DSP board. Rebooting restores te connection. Replacing the UsB cabling (with original A&H spare parts) solved it this issue. Sounds strange, but it can be fatige of the cabling or some sort of corroded USB connectors.

Regards,
    Pascal

Profile photo of Yacob
    Yacob
    Participant

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? or is everyone just kinda dealing with it? Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.