Stereo Image in stereo strip vs 2 mono

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Stereo Image in stereo strip vs 2 mono

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tobi Tobi 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of QuDrew
    QuDrew
    Participant

Hello,
    Seeking clarification on this…I have sources in stereo strips but left and right seem to default Left and right down the centre ….its only when I change the channel mixer config to 2 mono channels , pan L hard L and R hard R , then return the strips to a stereo …do I achieve separation…it would seem that the stereo control is just balance and not pan …and there is essentially no pan control in stereo.
    please educate me. trying to get and a wider image on our stream audio. also curious how this relates to the mixes and matrices as well.

thanks for your input.
    Andrew

Profile photo of Phil Driscoll
    Phil Driscoll
    Participant

Have a look at page 24 and 25 of the manual – see the stereo image section. It’s most likely that your problem is caused by settings in there.

Cheers
    Phil

Profile photo of QuDrew
    QuDrew
    Participant

that part of the manual doesn’t really cover this issue for me …

Profile photo of QuDrew
    QuDrew
    Participant

Anyone?

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

I think the manual 25/26 is quite clear… you can set width of a stereo channel, but you cannot move it left/right. I feel, that even the UI is quite self explaning here.

With this said I do not value the missing features, I just recapture the situation.

Best Regards,
    Tobias

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.