Stereo Group on ME1

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Stereo Group on ME1

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sean@Elim Sean@Elim 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sean@Elim
    Sean@Elim
    Participant

We are a new user of a GLD-80 and some ME1’s. We used a Soundcraft LX7 before, so we have a huge amount to learn. I have a number of questions as we learn how to drive this setup.

One question is; how do I assign one button on the ME1 to choose a L&R keyboard input. On the GLD I have assigned the L & R direct input to a stereo group. Then I assign this stereo group to a fader on the GLD and it works great as a FOH.

However, if I add this stereo group to the ME1 Monitor patching, it seems to work ok on the ME1, but it works as a post-fade, which is not what I want. Is there a way to change it to pre-fade, or should I be doing this a different way?

I know I could create a group on the ME1 itself for the keyboard, but I want to do this setup on the GLD as we have a few ME1’s and I don’t want to have to repeat this setup multiple times.

Please help?

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Sean

If I understand your issue correctly, you can get this to work by routing the keyboard channels ‘input direct out’ to an odd-even pair in the Monitors tab of the outputs page. For example, ‘Keys Left’ to Monitor channel 3, and ‘Keys Right’ to channel 4. You can then set these as a stereo pair by touching either of the monitor output channels (3 or 4), and switching on ‘stereo link’ in the bottom left corner.

Now if you set up a key on the ME-1, it will only allow you to use the first of these two channels; when selected, this will be a stereo channel on the ME-1.

Hope this helps

– Jeff, A&H

Sean@Elim
    Participant

Hi Jeff

Thanks for the post. I’ll try it out and let you know how it goes, but it sounds like it will do what we want.

Cheers, Sean

Sean@Elim
    Participant

Hi Jeff

I gave this a whirl, and this opens up anther question. If I assign these to Monitor channels 25/26 (say), how do I access these from the ME-1? The ME-1 only has 16 buttons, and these access monitor channels 1-16.

Sorry, this seems a low-level question, but this is where we are at! I’m clearly missing something in my understanding.

Thanks, Sean

Sean@Elim
    Participant

Hi Jeff, sorry about this post, you have already answered this question in another post, which I had not yet seen, so I’ll try it andcome back to you.

Thanks, Sean

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.