SQ7 in Monitor Mix mode

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ7 in Monitor Mix mode

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kitmt kitmt 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kitmt
    kitmt
    Participant

Hi, Currently we are using an SQ7 for monitor duties which is connected to our foh dlive. For io’s we have a GX4816 and a DM32.

Basically we need 6 stereo mixs for the band and 7 stereo mixs for the singers.

We were thinking of splitting up monitor duties between the SQ7 and the Dlive.

As far as I know the SQ7 is limited to 6 stereo aux’s but on the website it mentions 12 stereo mix’s.
    I know the ME system would have been ideal but that won’t happen for another year or so.

What would be the best way to go about this and what are the max amount of stereo mix’s can I squeeze out of the SQ7?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Kit.

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

In Setup/Mix Stereo you can set each Aux, Group and Matrix separately to Mono or Stereo.
    So that is 12 stereo mixes with 0 groups left.

If all inputs are set to pre fader in all mixes, you should be able to use the main mix as 13th monitor mix.
    If you want run the desk in mixer role “Monitor”, assign main LR level to a soft rotary or a fader.

The 3 matrices will not be that useful in your case I think.

Profile photo of kitmt
    kitmt
    Participant

Hi Tom, thanks for that. My mistake in thinking the SQ’s 12 aux’s were mono.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.