SQ6 fan replacement

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ6 fan replacement

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tourtelot tourtelot 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MLock
    MLock
    Participant

My SQ6 suddenly has a very loud fan. No Dante card, so it’s not that fan. Both fans showing ~330rpm, so it isn’t failing yet, but it sure doesn’t sound healthy. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find a parts list, schematic, or part number for a replacement fan. Can anyone help me find a plug and play fan for my SQ6? I do not have the time nor a spare to send it in for repair and I’m confident I can swap out a fan… if I can find the part.

Thank you!

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Where do you live? You should be able to take a measurement of the current fan and look on Amazon or EBay. There are much quieter fans out there (I have replaced fans on a lot of gear but not on my SQ, yet) and in some cases, I put a diode in-line with the DC-hot wire and reduce the RPMs of those fans. YMMV on the safety of doing this but I will say that I have never had a problem caused by a reduced RPM fan in any of the many pieces I have done this to.

I do hear the fans in my SQ6 and it does bug me a bit that there are quieter fans on the market that could replace the sorta-noisy fans installed in the SQ line. I guess that every dollar counts in the manufacturing world but if you’re gonna say that your mixing panel is appropriate to be used in a studio control room, and everyone can hear the fans, you might reexamine either your builds or your marketing.

D.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.