SQ5 with SKB R102W Fitment

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ5 with SKB R102W Fitment

Tagged: , , , , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Vineyard Media Vineyard Media 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thuja
    thuja
    Participant

Good Day,

I am looking at the SKB R102W wheeled case with 2 RU below for my SQ5.

Does anyone have this case and could tell me whether the XLR inputs are accessible with the rear cover off, but with the top cover still left on?

I would like to be able to leave the top on and still use the mixer with my iPad while leaving it protected in very tight venues where I don’t have a FoH position.

Thank you in advance.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Heat will be a major problem with that protocol, probably a bad idea to enclose the SQ desk with any type of shell while in operation.
    Hugh

Profile photo of thuja
    thuja
    Participant

Thank you for your thoughts. I will definitely keep this in mind. Do you recon adding an exhaust fan to the back of the rack might mitigate heat buildup enough. When I get the case I will do some trials and test this theory.

Thanks again.

Profile photo of Vineyard Media
    Vineyard Media
    Participant

I have that exact setup. I’ve not been in a situation where I’ve wanted to put the lid on with cables attached, but I believe it won’t impede the rear connections at all. Of note, the front cover is attached to the lid, so airflow might be an issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.