SQ5 Firmware Update

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ5 Firmware Update

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 25 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rob Rob 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kea
    Kea
    Participant

Many times reading, but first post:
    Our SQ5 won’t recognise the firmware update file. The USB is the same we’ve always used, desk tea to SQ Drive, USB re-formatted, firmware downloaded from A&H site is SQ-5UPG_1_5_10r4132, only bin file copied onto USB, copied to root location alongside ASHQ, Restarted desk.
    Current firmware is 1.5.0 r3883. Tried second USB all as above and still the desk says “No image found”
    I’m sure it’s something obvious, but what am I missing?
    Thanks in advance

Profile photo of acovington7920
    acovington7920
    Participant

Be sure your USB drive is a 2.0 model instead of 3.0. It’s supposed to be backwards compatible but this same issue has affected me before.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Try to restart with a 20 second power loss to empty all buffers and initialize the USB chipset. Maybe it helps.

Profile photo of acovington7920
    acovington7920
    Participant

Any luck?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

There was another user here on the forums that had a similar problem, and they had to try several brands of USB sticks before the mixer saw the image file. So if you switched USB sticks, but they are all the same brand, try another brand.

Profile photo of Huanpiano
    Huanpiano
    Participant

I am having the same issue when trying to run firmware 1.5.10 on my SQ5, keep getting no image found. I’ve tried several USB thumb drives but still no luck. Doesn’t make any sense at all. 🙁

Profile photo of Kea
    Kea
    Participant

I’ve tried two different types of USB, and have tried a long power off. I’ll keep trying different USB types
    Thanks for the input all

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Did you Format the Drive in SQ?

Profile photo of jmannn
    jmannn
    Participant

I have a SQ5 and a SQ6 and I couldn’t update to 1.5.10 on either board and I have always used the same flash drives to update my boards. I downloaded the files on my 2019 MBP which was recently upgraded to Sonoma 14.0 and unzipped the file and copied the .bin file to my rout directory of my flash drive formatted in my SQ as always. no image found, so I downloaded the same file on my Windows 10 PC and extracted the file with WinZip and everything worked as normal and upgraded the firmware no problem. Can’t say for certain but it appears that my Mac was corrupting the download when unzipping the file. Who Knows

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

another bug in SQ FAT Filesystem?

Again: Did you format the Drive in SQ?

Huanpiano
    Participant

I did format the usb thumb drive in SQ — done several times just to make sure. Then downloaded and copied the firmware file to the thumb drive, but still get the same message no image found.

Huanpiano
    Participant

Problem SOLVED when I use Windows machine.
    – Format the USB drive from the SQ5
    – Download the Firmware zip file from Windows machine
    – Extract the file
    – Copy the BIN file to the root of the USB drive.

Profile photo of ChrisLA1
    ChrisLA1
    Participant

Same issue. Solved in a similar fashion.
    It seems the SQ has a hard time digesting files written on a FAT32 USB stick by MacOS. Had to borrow a Windows laptop.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Wow! What an interesting problem and an interesting solution. I had the same issue and resolved it the same way. Thanks!

Profile photo of CurtisJudd
    CurtisJudd
    Participant

To add a tiny bit more detail, I don’t have a Windows machine and while multiple attempts to download 1.5.10 on a macOS Sonoma and then copy to a thumb drive (same that I’ve used for previous updates), downloading the firmware on an older computer with macOS Monterrey to the same thumb drive worked fine. So it appears that at least macOS Sonoma may be the problem (not sure about Ventura).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.