SQ Mixpad not finding SQ7

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ Mixpad not finding SQ7

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tjeerd B Tjeerd B 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

Greetings. I have attached a Netgear Nighthawk wireless router to my SQ7. The cable is connected to the Network jack, and into a LAN port on the router. Nothing else is plugged in to the router. The router DHCP is on. My first problem is the SQ7 won’t obtain a dynamic IP address. So I turn off the SQ7 DHCP and assign it a static address. The SQ7 then shows up in the router as a connected device. The iPad is connected to the router, but the Mixpad does not find the SQ7. I select Other and key in its IP address but it still won’t connect. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

When you set up a static IP on the mixer was that address in the same range
    as the IP address of the router and the subnet as well as the gateway, the gateway in
    this case would be the router IP address.

For instance the router IP address is 192.168.20.1 you could set the mixer to a static
    IP of 192.168.20.20.

Also you need to set the router so it DHCP handout range starts and stops outside the IP
    address that you set static IP on the mixer to.
    I set my routers to have a small range of DHCP handout address starting at xxx.xxx.xxx.100 to .110

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

Thanks, Mike. Yes, the SQ7 static IP is 192.168.1.3 subnet 255.255.255.0. Router is 192.168.1.1, same subnet, same gateway. The SQ7 shows up as a registered device on the router. You’d think if the router sees it the Mixpad should see it too.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

What firmware version is the SQ running?
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling the APP.

Profile photo of Tjeerd B
    Tjeerd B
    Participant

I’ve got a simular problem with my system.
    I’m using a Netgear Nighthawk M2 directly connected to my SQ5
    My Ipad Pro and the SQ5 both receive an IP-adress through DHCP (Ipad 192.168.1.22 – SQ5 192.168.1.21)
    When I open the SQ mixpad, the software shows the SQ5, but whenever I hit the ‘connect’ button, after a few seconds the SQ mixpad shows: ” Failed to connect, Unit discovery timed out’

Firmware SQ5: 1.54 r3979
    Firmware SQ mixpad: 1.5

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong and what I can do to make it work?
    Thanks for the effort and I look forward to your reaction.

Kind Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.