SQ Mixpad connect by hostname problem

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ Mixpad connect by hostname problem

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nwegab nwegab 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nwegab
    nwegab
    Participant

Hi All,

I tried to connect from SQ MixPad app to my SQ-5 by using “Unit Name” (it should be the hostname).
    I can connect with IP address, but it is not comfortable when i use DHCP.
    By using hostname I get “Failed to Connect” message.
    Mixpad version is 1.5.0

Any Idea why?

BR, Gabor

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

something is wrong in your network

the MixPad or SQ version did not provide any helpful information since this is the easy part on the network

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

The „unit name“ has nothing to do with network names and the mechanisms of name resolution. You need for that something like a domain name service, but I doubt that you want do configure one.
    I personally do not use DHCP for devices like consoles or others which are acting like a server. I rather define static IP addresses outside the DHCP range and therefore know exactly which devices has what ip address.
    But since the Mixpad software scans the local network for SQ devices the app should be able to detect the console anyway.

SteffenR
    Participant

But since the Mixpad software scans the local network for SQ devices the app should be able to detect the console anyway.

to make it clear…
    both have to be in the same subnet, the MixPad device and the SQ
    does the MixPad show the “unit name” on the screen?

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

„Local network“ means in fact that both endpoints (console and Mixpad device) must habe the same subnetwork subnetmask must be identical and the subnet portion of the ip address too). Then the unit name is shown in the list of available devices.

SteffenR
    Participant

yes… that’s what I mean…

and if the device is not in the list,
    something is wrong in the network 😉

Profile photo of nwegab
    nwegab
    Participant

Hi All!

Thank you very much for your answers. I got the solution. I write it because it can be useful for others.
    I have two wifi routers in my home network, and my laptop was connected to the secondary router, which I assume has a different subnet.
    When I connected my laptop to the main router ba UTP cable or wifi, MixPad can discover the mixer by “Unit Name”.

Best Regards, Gabor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.