SQ Drive

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Warmie Warmie 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ARCH
    ARCH
    Participant

Hi guys,

is it possible to create an SQ-Drive on your pc/mac with the offline editor, i don’t own any A&H desks but i do tour with a band and would like to program a sq show with the offline editor and transfer to usb like 99% of the the other manufacturers. i cant seem to locate anything to do the job.

cheers

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

SQ Software

Mixpad has offline functionality for show preparation

Profile photo of ARCH
    ARCH
    Participant

i know this but that didn’t really answer my question.

Profile photo of Warmie
    Warmie
    Participant

In the SQ MixPad app on you PC/Mac go to Utility and choose “Working Directory” on the bottom of the screen. You can choose either a directory on you hard drive and after creating a show copy it to usb or choose the usb drive as a working directory so the app will write shows directly to your usb. That should do the job.
    Keep in mind that there is no hard drive on the SQ desk so you will have to overwrite the show that is already on the desk. The only way to save the existing show is to save it on your or other usb drive.
    Hope this helps 🙂

Profile photo of Warmie
    Warmie
    Participant

Ok, so there is one problem with what I wrote – I’ve tried it on my computer and after moving usb to my desk message on the SQ screen says that the usb “needs formatting” which means that SQ desk itself should do the formatting. I can’t find any usb formatting inside the MixPad app so I don’t know if it’s possible to format usb for the desk on the computer. Even putting a show file in “AHSQ” directory on the usb (as it is on already formatted usb) doesn’t help. Maybe someone fro A&H could help?

Profile photo of Warmie
    Warmie
    Participant

I tried different things. Unfortunately it seems that the only way to format usb in the way that SQ sees it is to format it with SQ desk. Even if I try to format usb on my computer (FAT) and then copy my usb drive which i use with my desk to it – the desk asks for formatting. The funny thing is that when I plug this usb with stuff copied from “original” one to my computer – MixPad app works with it perfectly 🙂 but the desk doesn’t.
    So the only way I’ve found yet to prepare a show offline on a PC is formatting usb with sq desk so then you can plug it to your computer and work with SQ MixPad. I know it’s not a solution for you :/
    I think that computer version of MixPad needs to be armed with usb formatting function.
    For now – if you have an iPad you can prepare show with it’s version of MixPad app and then transfer it to SQ desk wirelessly.

For the record: I use MacBook so I don’t know if it’s the same on Windows.

cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.