SQ-7 USB B Glitch

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ-7 USB B Glitch

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of LandoCalriz
    LandoCalriz
    Participant

If this topic already exists please redirect me.

I’ve been getting glitches on my multitrack recordings from my SQ-7 over USB B into ProTools 12.

Attached is below is a sample. Sometimes it is a minor pop I can clean up and other times it seems to duplicate entire beats. It happens across every channel when it occurs.

If anyone could lend some input that would be huge! I’ve exhausted every possibility I can think of.

The gear I’m using:
    -SQ-7 on latest firmware
    -2019 15″ MacBook Pro 256gb SSD, 16GB Ram, 2.6ghz 6-core i7
    -ProTools 12

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

try with Reaper instead
    could be the audio device support in PT or the USB compatibility from the MAC at all
    hard to specify

Profile photo of LandoCalriz
    LandoCalriz
    Participant

ProTools was the second DAW I have tried. I thought Ableton was the culprit so I moved to ProTools.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

then it’s the USB

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@LandoCalriz

My ears do not hear it in that sample. Did not try to analyse it on a DAW to see it visually.

If you tried multiple DAWs on the same PC/mac and they failed then I would tend to blame that device not look for another DAW.

Have you deleted all the crapware on your PC/mac?
    Have you killed dead all social media aps that love to start up at random and phone home?
    Have you deleted and totally expunged all antivirus software that does even worse things to PC/mac audio?
    Have you stopped all other software that is not absolutely needed to run the DAW and associated functions?
    Are the buffers optimized?
    Do you have the correct drivers for all the hardware being used?

There are many reasons for the symptom your message said you had.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.