Softkeys

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Softkeys

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

OK…Just got my QU today. Opened it up and got up and running pretty quickly since have been working on GLD’s for awhile. One thing is I cannot seem to figure out why I can’t do SCENE NEXT on softkeys. I set it and APPLY but it does not work to change scenes. Seems as though I ran into this some on GLD. Quirks about softkey changing scenes. The obvious thing here is to be able to have many scenes like in theater and be able to NEXT to next scene like on a lighting console. I see that softkeys save with scenes but I have been through that. Ideas on what I am overlooking? I will keep working on it….Thanks

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Adding to this….If I assign a softkey as SCENE RECALL, in the lower right of the screen it shows it incrementing but no way to get back to first scene. It goes up to 100 then stops. How do you get it back to scene one?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

bumping this up….anyone?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Anyone? Why is this not working?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

The Scene Next function for SoftKeys is intended to work in conjunction with Scene Previous and Scene Recall Go. If you set these three functions on SoftKeys you can then navigate your scene list and recall at will.

This is similar to using the same SoftKeys functions on GLD. However in GLD you can enable the Auto Increment option which would effectively recall a scene and have the scene after it ready for recall. This is not currently possible with Qu.

Hope this clarifies.

As a side note, please avoid posting the same question on multiple threads or un-related threads. It doesn’t help other users.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I will try that later but it seems like an inefficient use of soft keys. With only 4 does not leave anything else. Seems like a NEXT Go with auto increment would be a good one key function.

As for multiple posting. I was trying to get an answer or stir interest. It took 4 days to get this. I think the forum is great but to be effective there has to be responses from users or factory with factual information. That is what users want.

Thanks for your help.

Profile photo of Stonepiano
    Stonepiano
    Participant

Yep, this is waste of soft keys. I would like to have e.g. “all killed”, delay tap and scene next/previous on soft keys. One other suggestion: when using soft keys for scene changes, it would be nice if the actual scene list would scroll, and highlight the present screen, rather than just have that little text in the lower right hand corner. Which puzzles me- I tried to assign the keys directly for “scene next/previous”, and nothing happens, but it still announces that the scene is in use. Definitely room for improvement…

Best Regards,

Tuomas Kolehmainen
    Helsinki, Finland

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

As someone once said on old forums. The whole scene thing on these consoles seems like an afterthought. Scenes are a huge part of digital consoles and a reason for wanting them. Much more consideration should be given them.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Thanks for your feedback.

We have now improved scene navigation in V1.2 with more toolbar information of current/next scene, the addition of an Auto-Increment option for the SoftKey ‘Recall Go’ function, and new SoftKey ‘Store Current’ option.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Thanks Nicola. Will try to get this loaded soon and see how it works.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.