Soft Rotary Display Issue

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Soft Rotary Display Issue

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jordan T. Hurt Jordan T. Hurt 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

Had a look through the forum and don’t see this problem come up yet:

So I have a soft rotary set to control the master fader of a group.
    The control always works, no problem there, but the weirdness is in the display. When no channel is selected, the display above the knob switches off and just says Soft2 with no light backing! but when anything is selected (a mix, an input, literally anything) the dark blue light comes back on and the group name re-appears in the display.

Its obviously not a show stopper, just a bit distracting as its very noticeable.

Anyone else?

Profile photo of Jedifyll
    Jedifyll
    Participant

Yann,
    I have the same thing happen to me and it appears to be by design as if you need to have any channel selected for the soft rotary to work. The unexplainable thing for me is that the soft rotary for the DCA group stays on while the three other aux send master controls I assigned to the soft rotary 2-4 go off.

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

Thanks for your input Jedifyll. Just had a little play with the desk and I think I’ve realised the issue.

It happens when the rotary is assigned to be a Main Level Fader and is set to any channel (but notice that there is also the option of ‘Current Selected Channel’). If you set the rotary for example to control the gate threshold of the ‘Current Selected Channel’ it will switch off when there is no channel selected. This makes perfect sense. However if you choose to control the gate on a specific channel, it always stays on, with or without a selected channel.

I think this programming is missing on the send level fader function. Should be an easy fix on the next update.

P.S. maybe I misunderstood you, but for me the rotary always works, its only the screen and backing light that reset. Check to see if you are actually also loosing functionality, my guess is you’re not 🙂

Profile photo of Ethan
    Ethan
    Participant

This happens to me too. I have my soft rotaries assigned for the master volumes of the effect returns. Like you, the display goes off when nothing is selected but the rotary still controls the volume.

Profile photo of Jedifyll
    Jedifyll
    Participant

Ethan,

Yann has it right. Spot on.

Profile photo of Geddy
    Geddy
    Participant

Any comments from A&H stuff about fixing this with V1.3?!

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

Update:

Same problem with fx sends on soft rotary

Profile photo of TheMAXX
    TheMAXX
    Participant

I think it would be great if you had the option to have the display indicate the level of what the soft rotary is controlling. When playing around with configuring an SQ6, I assigned one it to be a fader in a layer that wasn’t showing and I had no idea how much the movement of the rotary was affecting the fader.

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

TheMAXX

Add your support to this suggestion post:

Soft Rotary Displays data

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Yann, we’re experiencing the same issue with Main Level Fader for our Matrices.

Any advice from A&H?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi All,

As Yann says, this is not a show stopper, but it has been logged as a bug and will be fixed (@Geddy, yep, should be in V1.3).

Apologies for the quirkiness!

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

After spending some time now on SQ6 on some installations I agree. The soft rotarys are basically useless. Maybe the mute but level is useless since there is no reference. Something like a pop up fader level or display scale or something is needed. Otherwise this is a nothing feature.

Profile photo of Jordan T. Hurt
    Jordan T. Hurt
    Participant

Yeah, I had this issue with my SQ-6 and I am also having this issue with the SQ-7. Doesn’t matter what I have assigned to the rotaries. It pretty much makes the rotaries useless unless you memorize what is what. Hopefully this will be fixed in an upcoming firmware update!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.