Slow website

Forums Forums Slow website

This topic contains 22 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Detonator Detonator 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

Come on A&H. This forum is just so slow that it is unusable. Especially if you try searching for some post you vaguely remember. I know you have previously said you are working on some better hosting, but how long do we have to wait? It’s been months. This isn’t rocket science. It really doesn’t reflect well on you, which is a shame.

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

PLease excuse me if this post shouldn’t belong in here, couldn’t find a better location:
    Why is it that A&H’s website including their forum sites are sooooo slow?
    Being on Mac OS 10.8.5 and iPad/iPhone, this is by far the most unresponsive forum / site I’ve experienced in a long time.
    Sorry for the rant, I LOVE my GLD and Qu and A&H’s helpdesk service, but your server’s speed is a royal pain…
    Am I the only one with this concern?
    :-/

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

I Concur. I actually think it started being slow since the Web address changed to this a while back. The other forum site was faster.

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

For me the main A&H site is fine but this version of the forum has always been terribly slow.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

It varies. This morning it seems ok. Sun it was very slow.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi all,

We are aware of the performance issues and are planning to move to a better host, please bear with us.

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

I have noticed for some months now that the page refreshes on this forum are not what I would call snappy. In fact, it’s more like
    1. Click on link text
    2. Wait for literally a minute or so
    3. Get the page that you clicked on

Kudos for step 3 happening correctly, at least. But step 2? This day and age, for a major company to have that happen for a day or two during an equipment change or something is tolerable. But to have it as an ongoing state looks just terrible, and seriously affects usability of the site. And I don’t seem to have this issue with other servers that I connect with in Europe.

Please upgrade whatever the necessary equipment.

Can I get a witness?

Profile photo of Yorkshire Pudding
    Yorkshire Pudding
    Participant

Yup – the forum often feels like it’s running on an overloaded raspberry PI 🙂

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi All,

Yes we are experiencing some problems with the server currently. We are working on measures to improve performance and expect to move this service to a more reliable platform fairly soon.

Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing. Thanks for your patience on this until we resolve the issues.

David
    Allen & Heath

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

It is a dog. Word Press is for people with no experience. I was surprised to see a company with a reputation as good as A&H with a Word Press website.

When you do switch providers, take a look at Amazon Web Services. I use it for my website and it is stupid easy to implement. I pay 51 cents a month for a basic site.

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Thanks Mamerica,

Actually WordPress is the perfect solution for a blog/forum site such as this. We do have a proper hosting platform which we intend to move this too shortly.

Apologies in the meantime for the terrible load times.

David
    Allen & Heath

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

I don’t want to argue the merits of WordPress. You know more about it than I do. I would, however, caution you about using third party plug-ins, especially when you do an update. If you have one that is incompatible it can make your site unreachable.

I wonder how many users simply don’t bother posting or responding because of the time involved. I know you will sort it out eventually. Good luck!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I tried to post something for over an hour yesterday and finally gave up.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Like watching paint dry.
    Given up trying…although I’m here logged on!? Not quite sure how?
    It reminds me of the dial up days.

davE NZ

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Basically it has become useless. I am hoping this is not by design to drive people away. It is a valuable resource. But if this is as good as it is going to be then they might as well take it down.

In all my years on web I have NEVER seen a site this slow. This erratic. Something is definitely wrong.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.