Simple Editor for setting values

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Simple Editor for setting values

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThisIsAnAudioAccount ThisIsAnAudioAccount 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Hello Community, hello A&H Dev Team,

it would be nice to have a very simple editor window (similar to a calculator..) to set values. e.g delay times, pan values etc.
    Sometimes its hard to set exact time values using the encoder. Idea: Just click on the value, the simple editor opens, the value can be set like in a calculator and be confirmed by a button.

kind regards
    Tobi

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

This is a nice and simple suggestion. I completely agree. The ‘ramp’ on the encoder makes it difficult to set delay times. Either you completely over-shoot, or you are going way to slow. That is why some manufacturers have linear encoders + a ‘fine’ setting. Typing it in would however be preferable. When setting times for an entire orchestra you get frustrated real quick.

Profile photo of alex.abel
    alex.abel
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

I had the thought that you might be able to enter values with a keyboard connected to the surface.

But I just tried that and apparently no, you can’t do that. Too bad.
    You can type in some things like scene and channel names, but not any rotary controls that I tried, like gate threshold.

Profile photo of Soep
    Soep
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of rottmat
    rottmat
    Participant

+1

+1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.