SigGen with Talkback on

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SigGen with Talkback on

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tibs Tibs 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tibs
    Tibs
    Participant

Hi,
    I don’t know if it’s a voluntary function or a bug, but I see that it’s not possible to use the SigGen from the SQ MixPad App (Android) when the mixer “Talk” is activated.
    On the other hand, it is possible to use the SigGen from the SQ-5 even when the Talk is activated.

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @tibs,

The TALK function allows you to send the signal from your Talkback (Whichever channel you’re sourcing your talkback from) directly into the selected output buses (Must likely being Mix Aux’s), overwriting the current signal on these buses for the duration of the Talkback activation, this could be latch or momentary.

Therefore, if you have a signal generator active and assigned into an Aux and the Talkback gets activated, the Talkback will overwrite the Signal Generator to let the signal from the Talkback to go through.

I can confirm that this is true also on the SQ console, not only on the app.
    I would recommend doublechecking your Talkback and Signal generator assignments in the SETUP – AUDIO screen.

Cheers,
    Rafael

Profile photo of Tibs
    Tibs
    Participant

Hello @Rafael A&H,
    Thank you for your reply.
    Indeed, after checking, I see that it happens the same, with the SqMixPad application or with the mixer.
    I deduce from your answer that it is not a malfunction, and perhaps it would be a new feature in the next updates (in my case, I appreciate being able to speak to a technician on set by the talkback, and ask him which wedge the SinGen comes from).

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @tibs,

It will certainly be difficult for someone in the stage to hear your talkback while the Signal Generator is being outputted from the same speaker.
    I don’t believe this to be implemented as a feature in the future, as it is intended to function this way.

The Talk button can be used in Latch or Momentary mode, and will overwrite the current signal on the mix only for the time of the Talkback being used.

You can have the signal generator being sent to the monitor, and then activate the talkback by pressing the Talkback key only for the duration of your message, which will overwrite the signal generator only for the duration of the key being pressed, when the key gets released, the talkback shall be disabled and the signal generator will continue being outputted as normal right away.

Cheers,
    Rafael

Profile photo of Tibs
    Tibs
    Participant

Thank you for your reply !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.