Sennheiser G4 IEM with CQ – 20B , a good pairing?

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting Sennheiser G4 IEM with CQ – 20B , a good pairing?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BlairBullets BlairBullets 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BlairBullets
    BlairBullets
    Participant

Hi,

Im about to order the CQ -20 B and am keen to get in ears going with my function band. We do our own sound at events on stage with out a soundman. Looking at the Sennheiser G4 for in ears. Do you think this is a good option? Do I need a seperate GR transmiter and reciever for my bass player? I am the singing / guitarist. The drummer and Keys player will be wired in for their monitoring. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

Can’t go wrong with the G4 IEM. We have two transmitters and three receivers. We run one transmitter with two mono inputs and each of the two receivers in mono and panned to one channel so that we get two separate mixes with one transmitter. You need one transmitter for every two mono monitor mixes, or one stereo mix. From there you can buy as many receiver packs as you want that can listen to one of the two mono mixes, or stereo mix. If you are ok with a mono mix for you then buy the two receiver pack of the G4. You take one and give one to the bass player. Aux1 can go to the left channel, aux2 to the right channel. Then you each run the receiver pack in mono/focused mode panned to one side.

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

If other band members are ok with either of those two mixes then they too can be wireless simply by buying additional receivers and tuning them into one of the two mixes you are sending to the G4 transmitter. Of course, you can wire them up to another aux like you said and they get their own independent mix.

BlairBullets
    Participant

Hi @mfsua. thank you for taking the time to reply, really appreciate it. I have now ordered the CQ20 B (which is arriving tomorrow), decided to get the G4’s at the start of next month, spread the money a little. Now i need to get on the video tutorials with the mixer, any pointers appreciated if you know of any good ones alongsode the allen and heath ones. Have a great week!

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

Great! I would say work your way through the ones that AH has on YouTube and then search for some others on YouTube and see which ones click for you. A lot of people have put out CQ videos although more are probably reviews versus instructional.

Also, if you haven’t already, you can load the CQ mixpad app on your tablet or computer and work in demo mode. You can do almost everything so it will give you a nice head start on getting familiar with the UI while you wait for it to arrive.

BlairBullets
    Participant

Thanks mate, downloaded the app currently exploring in demo mode! Have a good one

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.