Scene recalls on SoftKeys

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Scene recalls on SoftKeys

This topic contains 44 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stonepiano
    Stonepiano
    Participant

So, what I’m asking, is: Do you need to store the the softkey-settings for every scene separately, somehow? And if so, why & how ?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Set them in scene1 rather than after…

Stonepiano
    Participant

Set what? No safes/no filters in any scene at the moment, and I repeat: Do I need to block softkeys in filters or safes for them to follow scene-changes? Having a hard time to believe that someone would need different softkey-configurations per scene… too many functions piled up leads to confusion. The new SSL seems to be the epitome of so many ways to work the console, that youse gots no need to listen to the music any more.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Set yhd softkeys in svene1, then when you make scene2 they should bd there…

or jusy global safe them…

Stonepiano
    Participant

So,Bob, you are telling me there is no bug in the scene recall-system? And that I am just plain stupeed? Referring to a previous post of mine- live sound mixing should be a straightforward operation. I need answers, not your kind of B.S. You did not answer my question. Thank you very much.

Let us see how the scene recalls work tomorrow, I still feel there’s a ghost in the machine. Or then there is just the idiotic idea, that softkey assignments are not globally stored, once done on softkey assign- page.

Stonepiano
    Participant

…and it is perfectly crystal clear for me now, why Steely Dan is touring with XL4. Not ProX8, or whatever…

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’m not saying anything of the sort. I’ve not done much with the scenes, but have confused myself with them more than once (fortunately only in “play”time, not production time).

I *think* the soft buttons are recalled as part of the scene memory, and your text suggested that you made scenes and then defined the soft keys…

Stonepiano
    Participant

OK, sorry Bob. I thought you were mocking me, because your previous had all those typos. Dark humor will prevail in the end. Going back behind the board tomorrow morning, really need to figure out this scene-thing, or else my boss will show me a mean scene… still feel that my suggestion concerning the way scene-changes could work is plausible. Heavy geeks could stack their preferred workload on top of the default setting. I am not against options to configure the equipment in any which way, not by any means, but I am a firm believer in simple is beautiful. I’m just an old guy, trying to find a way to keep an analog mind in a digital “world”.

P.S. I did define the softs, before trying to make a scene

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

I blame the soft keyboard on this tablet. I need to do a full reset, so the keyboard has fone ssomewhat kooky…

Stonepiano
    Participant

A good one about “soft” keyboards… did another hard reset, and defined filters & safes on the first scene. Assigned softkeys again, and they seem to be working now, what a relief! To be on the safe side, I copied the settings of the first scene to all following scenes in the show, and now when I move to the next song, I tweak the copy and store it, simple enuff.

I think I’m gonna do the show with a Qu-24 after all.

B.R.
    T.K.

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Good for you that it worked! Side story – three years ago we did a musical show on a Soundcraft Vi4 with over 35 cues. At the last minute they decided to record the show multitrack, and on the Vi4 we had to go in and enable the 24 direct outs on EVERY cue separately (which we did after soundcheck abd before show, while audience was shuffling in. It took three of us, one on each sect-ion of the board!) But if we had assigned the directs before saving as scenes, they would have all had them.

That was a powerful lesson for me, and now my show presets alredy have the directs set before I even start a show setup. The Qu is a different beast but the same lesson appies obviously!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I still want to know why I assign any soft key to a scene function. Apply it. Then I tap it one time and it reverts back to MUTE GROUP. Don’t think it should do that.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi George,

The SoftKey will revert to whatever function it was assigned to in the Scene you are recalling. To make the SoftKeys global, so that they are not affected by Scene recall, block them in the Global Filter screen.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Ok. That seems to work.

So to clear this up. Setup first scene. Assign softkey say 1 to Recall Go Auto increment. Assign softkey 2 to Scene recall previous and key 3 to scene next. Save that scene and in the global filter choose block on softkeys. Now you can one button step through your scenes or chose one with next or previous and Go direct to it.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Stonepiano
    Participant

Coming to terms with that now… but there’s yet another one: this rather stupid idea of queueing the next scene, rather than directly recalling it when you press next. I have been overwriting wrong scenes, because the right half of the window shows information for the next scene, and if you press ‘store’, you are storing your current settings on the next scene, not the active one. This is something I would not want to remember every time I work on a scene, something that’s very easy to do inadvertently. So, you have to be sure to highlight the current scene from the list, and then store, not very streamlined. Like said, too much info for a simple function is confusing. I would very much like to have the highlight on what is happening at the moment, not in some foreseeable future

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.