Scene Manager Improvements

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Scene Manager Improvements

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andy Andy 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Paper
    Paper
    Participant

Hi,

I work with a SQ5 in a theatre with musical productions and normal plays. When I setup a show I use many scenes during the musical for differnt kinds of songs or nonmusical parts. I strongly recommend a sort function in the scene manager where you can move scenes or copy and insert scenes in a specific place and and order. I’ve been working with a Yamaha 01V the last ten years and used this function quiet often. I was surprised, and a little bit shocked, that the SQ5 doesn’t feature such a basci function.
    Adding this in the Scene Manager would make it way more comfortable to set up new shows.

Cheers,

Armin

Profile photo of Paper
    Paper
    Participant

Just recieved a response from the support team. After firmware 1.4 there is away to copy and paste scenes. Sorting is still an option for improvement.

Thanks

Profile photo of RTech
    RTech
    Participant

I’m not seeing that this was included in any of the firmware releases yet. It would be nice to have!

Profile photo of StuMac
    StuMac
    Participant

Being able to easily rearrange scenes would be a welcome feature. In a show with a high scene count changing on a daily basis can be a chore using copy and paste. Buttons to move scenes up or down or being able to drag a scene to a new position would massively speed up workflow.

Profile photo of djam
    djam
    Participant

An easy workaround would be to use an iPad to recall specific scenes by MIDI Location. This way you never have to change the order of the Scene’s. I Use OnSong for Lyrics and other info, however it will also automatically recall Scene’s based on the song I select.

hope this helps for options

Profile photo of StuMac
    StuMac
    Participant

Yes understand regarding scene change using midi. I used set list maker on a console in the past, but it’s another piece of hardware and another app that an extra button in a future firmware update could do.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

in the app (MixPad) you can copy/paste scenes
    at least on my Win10 computer at home does it work…

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

I second any requests for improvements to the scene management in the SQ. Also, one button press for next scene (and not way the current auto-increment works, which can be confusing), previous scene (there is no auto-decrement) and undo. An offline editor would be a FANTASTIC option and would remove many of the gripes about the SQ series since in most other areas it is brilliant!

Profile photo of Rob
    Rob
    Participant

It just needs to be a simple “go” button. Advances to next scene.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@paper
    @StuMac
    @michael

+1

Better housekeeping would be a very nice improvement.

Reminds me of when IBM gave a briefing on the new System 7 computer
    and everybody started asking about the linkage editor which totally confused the presenter.

Turns out the S/7 folks expected you to hand assemble your programs.
    While the audience already had used the larger computers that had a program that assembled your code for you,
    which saved a tonne of time and effort. And saved a lot of mistakes and then rework effort, too.

Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    Participant

+1 for scene management updates. Being able to move scenes around would make us theater folks a lot happier. I know it can’t be as good as a dLive, so I’m not suggesting an entirely different cue list, but just a simple drag and drop (or using the multi-function encoder) to move them around will be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of djam
    djam
    Participant

Use Onsong with MIDI. Much, Much easier. Dont ever have to rearrange scenes.

Profile photo of Conor
    Conor
    Participant

Another vote for better scene management options.

Would much prefer something more akin to how it is on the GLD with cue a list or some way to quickly move a setlist around.

Also per channel per scene recall safe/filtering is sorely missed too!

Profile photo of ifklikk
    ifklikk
    Participant

Is there a plan to develop the scene manager? The current cue list would be great! (like GLD, Avantis)

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

+1 for importing/exporting single scenes from/to USB

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.