Record out (specific channels only)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Record out (specific channels only)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ShyamM
    ShyamM
    Participant

Hi all,

Grateful for any advise – I have a QU-16 which I use for my events, I normally need to provide an output for the videographer from my desk for 1 or 2 channels only.

Can anyone advise how I can provide them with an output to record audio for specific Chanel els only without giving full audio of all channels. I usually use the Alt Out set to LR when I want to provide a a full mix.

Thanks

Profile photo of 2PhatCC
    2PhatCC
    Participant

I’ve only used the QU-32, but always created a post-fade mix with whatever channels I wanted to go out to the videographer. I’m assuming there’s a mix out on the 16 that you could use for that?

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

If you can spare a (stereo)mix you can assign that to the Alt-out or even the AES-out. (IOPatch -> Surface)

Giga

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Like “2Phat” said create a post fade mix of just the channels needed for video.

The QU16 has XLR mix outputs or you can assign any mix to the ALT OUT if 1/4 inch jacks
    are more convenient.

What kind of input are you going to on the video system?

If the video is recording to a computer maybe look at using the USB output.
    If this is going to be a video with post production editing supplying them
    with a multitrack output so it could be re mixed would be another idea.

Profile photo of shufflebeat
    shufflebeat
    Participant

It’s worth considering (and maybe discounting) the possibility of giving the videographer control over their mix with a spare iPad, thereby taking one task off your hands.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

It’s worth considering (and maybe discounting) the possibility of giving the videographer control over their mix with a spare iPad, thereby taking one task off your hands.

You could also provide them with an instance of Qu-You controlling only the levels of their mix, or Qu-Control with just the controls you want them to have access to.
    This might help avoid unwanted changes to… well… everything else!

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.