Reaper DAW control – bank up/down

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Reaper DAW control – bank up/down

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Luke Raymond Luke Raymond 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Luke Raymond
    Luke Raymond
    Participant

I’m using an SQ-5 as a control surface for Reaper DAW. I have 16 faders on the SQ properly displaying and controlling 16 channels in Reaper. That all works fine!

I have mapped the ‘Bank Up’ and ‘Bank Down’ commands to soft keys on the surface. However, the Bank Up and Bank Down keys shift the channels by 8 instead of by 16. (i.e. I have to press the bank button twice in succession to see the next set of 16 channels)

Anyone seen this issue before? Is this an SQ problem or a Reaper problem?
    Doesn’t seem to matter whether I choose HUI or Mackie Control in the A&H Midi Control Driver.
    Doesn’t seem to matter whether I choose HUI, Mackie Control or Mackie Control Extended in the Reaper Preferences.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@luke Raymond

The A&H MIDI Control app, when used for DAW control, mimics 4 virtual surfaces, each with 8 faders.
    The bank up/down messages from SoftKeys send a ‘standard’ message which is interpreted by the DAW.
    If you imagine up to 4 separate surfaces, this might make more sense, as you are switching bank on all of them at once.

So it’s not really a problem – but I understand you want it to work in a different way.

This would have to be done from the DAW side, as making changes to the SQ or A&H MIDI Control app would result in other setups not being possible (e.g. using only 8 faders and a single virtual surface).

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Luke Raymond
    Luke Raymond
    Participant

Thanks Keith! That is what I suspected. I’ll see if I can get a change implemented on the Reaper side of things.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.