Qu16 output delay

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu16 output delay

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 8 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Darkmutton
    Darkmutton
    Participant

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction if it’s at all possible.

In June I’m using my qu16 at an event which is in a large marquee so was looking at using some side fill speakers about 15m from foh. Is it possible to set a delay on the alt outs??

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

The Alt out does not have additional processing it only can be sourced from other outputs.
    That functionality is avaliable as matrix outputs on the larger Qus but not on Qu16.
    If its the only event of that kind I’d suggest to rent a stereo delay (or just use a spare one from an analog siderack). You probably also want to cut off the low end from the fills…
    You may trade the PAFL functionality and use the phones output…

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I don’t have a Qu16 but don’t all the aux mix outputs have their own delay setting like my Qu24?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Well, setting all channels for that sidefill mix to pre fader and unity may work. At least the Pans need to be set at both LR and that mix.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Why would you set a fill speaker feed to pre-fade? If they are for the house and not stage sidefills I would set them to post-fade.
    And yes, dpdan, the Qu16 mix outputs do have delay available on each one.

Profile photo of DoctorG
    DoctorG
    Participant

Previous responses have perhaps given you what you need to know. Here’s a bit more.

For a fill like you’re wanting, the sound should be delayed and sent post-fader. On the QU16, you can use any of the mix outs, or you can route a Mix to the Alt-outs if you prefer to use that rotary control.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Sure, Post Fader, sorry.

Profile photo of Darkmutton
    Darkmutton
    Participant

Thanks guys, you’ve given me some ideas to play with. I will set it up in the garage shortly and have a play with it.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Andreas, when replying you might have been thrown by the term “side fills”, a term that is usually used for stage monitors (which should be pre-fade).

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

@airickess, nope, was a typo and meant to read post fader. Otherwise it didn’t make sense to set all faders to unity in the Mixes.
    I’m well aware about stage- and room-sidefills and nearfills as well. 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.