QU-YOU DCA

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-YOU DCA

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DanZ
    DanZ
    Participant

Hello,
    I am using the QU-YOU app on iPhone and Android for all musicians to tune their IEM mix.
    I am not using the main view with the 4 big relative knobs, but the assign view, because our musicians want to tune more than 4 tracks (sax, guitar, mics, drums, bass etc…)
    But is it possible for you to add the DCA volumes in the assign view ??

So I can for example do a premix of the 8 mics DRUMS. The 2 keyboards. So the musician will be able to change the drums or KB volumes directly from the assign view

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

The Qu-control app is probably more convenient for that.

Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

No, because the DcAs don’t apply to mixes – they are a FOH shortcut.

The big wheels *are* the ‘mix dca’s

If you trust the musicians they could have QuControl pages set up…

Profile photo of DanZ
    DanZ
    Participant

QuControl does not exists on Android.
    Yes It should be good to have those 4 relative big wheels, in the same screen with the other tracks in the assign view too 🙂
    So you can use the 2 together

Profile photo of DanZ
    DanZ
    Participant

;

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

If you have spare mixes/channels then you could loop them… beware phasing though

Profile photo of Bruce
    Bruce
    Participant

Hello ,
    I am in charge of audio in my church and have been enjoying our qu-24 however i have recently tried to Use DCA’s on the mixer by setting it up in the custom layer. i assigned the channels to the two DCA’s i want to use and two faders in the custom layer but when i move the DCA fader it doesn’t seem to control/adjust the volume on the assigned channels for that specific DCA. Muting the DCA’s work but i don’t understand why the assigned channels are not being adjusted when i move the DCA Fader and i do have both DCA’s set to “in” when i set it up in routing. I’m trying to learn as much as i can , is there something i missed that i need to do?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I am in charge of audio in my church and have been enjoying our qu-24 however i have recently tried to Use DCA’s on the mixer by setting it up in the custom layer. i assigned the channels to the two DCA’s i want to use and two faders in the custom layer but when i move the DCA fader it doesn’t seem to control/adjust the volume on the assigned channels for that specific DCA. Muting the DCA’s work but i don’t understand why the assigned channels are not being adjusted when i move the DCA Fader and i do have both DCA’s set to “in” when i set it up in routing. I’m trying to learn as much as i can , is there something i missed that i need to do?

My first guess would be that what your listing to are any prefade mixes from the channels your controlling with the DCA.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.