QU to External Compressor roundtrip

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU to External Compressor roundtrip

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BRS BRS 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of veredasestudio
    veredasestudio
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to sync my external VCA compressor into pro tools to process some tracks in it. I’m currently sending the signal to an output (29/30), which I use mix 9/10 to send to the compressor returning into CHs 24/25. The problem is, when I turn delay compensation on the OTB audio comes BEFORE ITB even before I set any HW Insert Delay.

Can you please help?

PT12HD
    WIN8.1
    QU32 firmware 1.90 rev4537

Profile photo of BRS
    BRS
    Participant

You have to delay your ITB audio so that it “waits” for the OTB audio to come back. In Reaper this is easy but in PT, I guess you have to add a delay to the bus you’re using to sum everything else.

I don’t think the plugin delay compensation will help because that’s expecting the plugins to report their round trip delay and it adds those together on each track to sync them up. The compressor won’t be reporting anything back.

Leave PDC on but you might have to manually add a delay to every channel except the one with the compressor loop.

Have I misunderstood the question?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.