QU suggestions

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU suggestions

This topic contains 20 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

It is, and training those* who “know what they’re doing” is hard work.

I was doing a gig for my normal Covers Band recently and a DJ had also been hired (to do bits between sets etc). He put his Mackie 450s upright on the floor, and after we’d finished our sound check he started playing his system. It was absurdly loud for the room, distorted, and lacked any clarity at all – all the HF energy was at knee height, and none of the expected guests were grasshoppers (ears on their knees).

His response when I said it was running a bit hot for the space was that ‘he’d been doing this for years’. I didn’t engage in further conversation it wasn’t worth it.

I’ve been doing ‘this’ for 25 years, but I know that there are many, many, people who have forgotten more than I’ll ever know.

* like me…

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

While we’re on this subject,is there a way to block Standard user from adjusting (and effecting all scenes) PEQ and GEQ for the main LR and Matrix outputs. I noticed last week that on our Qu24 that if im in Standard user mode i can tweak the main LR EQ and it will stay like this for all scenes until adjusted again. In other wirds it acts like an analogue desk in that whoever adjusted it last stays like that. On digital desk it shouldnt work that way in that adjustments in one scene should not effect the other scenes. Maybe its a software bug??
    I don’t mind users adjusting eq on individual channels within their own scenes, but not the main LR eq that will effect all scenes from that point on. There must (should) be a way for Admin to block this, i.e. I as Admin would like to make LR eq scene safe for Standard users??

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I assume PEQ etc. are filtered during scene recall, check out your scene filters (has nothing to do with user rights).

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Not sure what you mean Andreas. Can you eexplain further?

Profile photo of gilly
    gilly
    Participant

Andreas
    I’m looking at the Global Filter screenshot at bottom of page 55 in Filter Screen section in Page 55 (Section 9.10) of User Manual V1.7B.
    Do you mean if I select Block for LR Output Processing it will block anyone adjusting any processing on the LR (assuming they would still be able to adjust LR fader) ?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

These recall filters only disable loading of particular parameter groups when recalling a scene. With everything set to BLOCK, scene recall more or less does nothing (please read the text on the right side of that page, titled “The Filter Screen”).
    They do not control what the operator is able to do afterwards, that’s controlled from the active user level (Admin/Standard/Basic, see chapter 9.4. “Home Screen – User”).
    If PEQ/GEQ on your system is not loaded during scene recall I’m pretty sure LR output processing is set to Block in the global scene filters.
    If you need to lock out control over PEQ/GEQ you need to use the Basic user, which consequently is restricted to operate faders and mutes only. Sadly there is no finer granularity for user restrictions on the Qu.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.