QU-SB Click Track

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-SB Click Track

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Clutch_Control Clutch_Control 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Clutch_Control
    Clutch_Control
    Participant

Hey guys,

my bands just got our QU-SB rig up and running. We are using it solely for In Ear Monitering. Pretty simple set up, our rack just has the QU, an EWI Mic Splitter and 2 Sennheiser G3’s. Controlled by an iPad with Qu-Control and a handful of iPhones running Qu-You.

My question is what is the best way to run a click track with minimal extra gear. We have never really used one besides the drummer using his phone and a Click app through headphones. So preferably with the tools had hand how can we get a click through the mixer?

Cheers,

K

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

If the drummer (or whoever ends up operating the click) is not too far from the mixer, a simple 3.5mm Stereo Jack -> 2x 1/4 Mono” Jack lead could feed his existing click app into ST1 or ST2 (though I assume the click’s mono so one side could go to any line input). Then just mix it in as required – it’s just another source.

Over longer distances, you would be better going through a DI box and into a mic input.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Or you could use the airplayfunction if you happen to use an Apple router

Giga

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

“Or you could use the airplayfunction if you happen to use an Apple router”

…as long as there are no latency issues.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Why would there be ? They’d just play along with the delayed click….

Giga

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Fine for a steady click that runs all the way trough, but a problem if there’s live tempo changes or they switch to 3:4 or something. Depends on the material.

Profile photo of Clutch_Control
    Clutch_Control
    Participant

Thanks for the replies gang! The next purchase was going to be the Airport so that sounds like a simple enough solution. My idea was that we would make the click tracks about 30 seconds long to lock in and then just silence until the end, lag shouldn’t be a problem in that set up. It will work in practices anyway.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.