QU PAC with AR84

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU PAC with AR84

This topic contains 43 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of debzdoodle debzdoodle 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I would like to reiterate what Dick asked..
    what version firmware is being used,,, and I would like to suggest that you save your shows first to a USB thumb drive,
    then download the newest firmware from A&H, and with the AR84 connected, do the update.

And yes, gamsjager2013 has perfect feedback and would not likely knowingly sell defective gear, if he still has another one,
    I would ask for him to replace it.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Dan…

I think you’re quite correct on both the cabling and the firmware.

The basic problem I sense here is that of an assumption or set of assumptions by the user regarding the problem and the resultant tunnel vision or closed-mindedness so antithetical to solving engineering problems. No slight intended or blame assigned as this is merely human behaviour to which we are all subject.

In problem solving, EVERYTHING is suspect until incontrovertible proof obtains. Even then, results of a prior investigative step must always be reaffirmed in light of succeeding steps.

Question EVERYTHING…assume NOTHING.

Profile photo of zfigz
    zfigz
    Participant

i can confirm that the cat5 cables that i’m using are not crossover and are indeed patch cables. i’ve also tried a few different cables in case one was bad.

i also went with the older firmware and then back to the newest firmware (1.90). still nothing.

i really hope it’s a user error, i hate sending things back.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I think is where an A&H support email would be useful.

If the dSnake logo is showing on screen, and the I/O is assignable… then we ought to have signal (both ways).

For the outputs I would try the oscillator on board

Profile photo of zfigz
    zfigz
    Participant

Yes, I’ve been in touch with A&H. They asked me to do a reset of the unit, which I did, but nothing resolved as of yet.

Just got in touch with the seller and they’re alsoo looking into it since they’re an A&H distributor

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Ok, at least the true support channels are being tapped as well..

Profile photo of gamsjager2013
    gamsjager2013
    Participant

Hello All

I’m the seller of this unit

We are an authorized dealer of Allen and Heath and have been for 10 years with perfect history.

This unit was a demo/test unit for our shop and never saw a gig. It was tested on a GLD and Qu-pac before leaving our shop and worked perfect

I’m seeing issues with many Qu-pacs and ABS168’s and AR84 units

I’m going to test another one of the AR84’s with our qu-pac and see what happens – i’m starting to think this is a bug with QU-pac software

Don

Profile photo of zfigz
    zfigz
    Participant

Hey Don,

I most definitely agree that it’s something to do with the firmware on each. From what I’ve read, the expander audio rack is “supposed” to download the firmware from the mixer, but I don’t know if that’s happening or not.

I’ve tried both firmware 1.82 and 1.90, but got nothing.

Thanks for being so responsive/helpful, Don! Really appreciate it.

Best,
    Ian

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Didn’t I read that AR/AB firmware can only be updated by a GLD, and not a Qu?

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

I’m in Austin, not too far away from you in San Antonio, I am out of town for the next few days on business, but will be back in Austin by Friday. I have all of the gear at a local rehearsal facility in Austin, if you wanted to meet up I can walk you through your and see if it’s actually an issue or if it’s something else.

In the meantime, try contacting our tech-support. And have them walk you through it, if you have not done so already. They can usually resolve these issues over the phone. Also please take a screenshot of your D snake routing.

Profile photo of zfigz
    zfigz
    Participant

thanks, papromike. just moved from austin after living there for 10 years. i’m in touch with A&H and also supplied screenshots of my dSnake routing earlier in the thread.

i have a hunch that the firmware isn’t being sent to the AR from the QU. we shall see!

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

Hi A&H experts,

I know this is an older thread, but I’m having the same issue with a QU-SB and an AR84. Can’t seem to get the AR84 to pass signal. I have connection between the two and I’ve patched it in, per the instructions, but no luck yet.

I found this thread and thought I’d ask if the OP ever got it working and what the solutions turned out to be.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Joel

Profile photo of zfigz
    zfigz
    Participant

i ended up sending it back and also got a special Ethernet cable that the seller provided.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

deleted – didn’t see the date of OP – sorry

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.