QU-Control app and Scene Recall

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-Control app and Scene Recall

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cbcmedia
    cbcmedia
    Participant

Anyone using a QU mixer in a multipurpose room scenario? I was planning to use the QU-Control app and set it up to facilitate one-touch audio setup for the room based on a set of predefined setups built as scenes.

The QU-Control app page on the AH website boasts the ability to do scene recall, but when I went to setup the app, scene recall was not one of the options. Anyone have any insight? I hope they were not referring to the use of soft keys, as the QU-16 only has 4.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

It’s a soft key program function. I’ve used the QU Pac on quite a few installs
    with Qu Control on select people’s phones and iPads.

I’ve never set up a QU16 with QU Control using the QU Pad app does it give you more
    than the four soft keys that are on the surface.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

Anyone using a QU mixer in a multipurpose room scenario? I was planning to use the QU-Control app and set it up to facilitate one-touch audio setup for the room based on a set of predefined setups built as scenes.

The QU-Control app page on the AH website boasts the ability to do scene recall, but when I went to setup the app, scene recall was not one of the options. Anyone have any insight? I hope they were not referring to the use of soft keys, as the QU-16 only has 4.

I find 3 aps at https://www.allen-heath.com/series/qu-series-apps/
    Which one are you using?

Our music director uses the Ipad version. Just got it but he indicated he could access the main QU32 and operate it from the IPad. That would seem as if he could recall scenes that way.

And down a ways on this page: https://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/qu-pad/
    it says you can do scenes.

cbcmedia
    Participant

no, it doesn’t

cbcmedia
    Participant

QU-control.

the setup isn’t for me, it’s for the people don’t know anything and don’t want to know anything. one-touch settings that just work…I need more than four, though.

volounteer
    Participant

@cbcmedia

looks like it says so to me

could not cut and paste image
    but here is a cut and paste of the text on that link

FEATURE SUMMARY
    Version 1.9 now provides full control including mixing and setup functions.
    Live mixing and setup functions available include:
    Fader levels, mutes, pans, PAFL
    Mix/FX sends, channel assign, Pre/Post routing
    Local/Remote Preamp/USB source selection
    Preamp Gain, Pad, Polarity, 48V and linking.
    Ducker/insert select
    HPF, Gate, PEQ, GEQ, Comp, Delay
    Custom Channel Naming
    Custom strips for personalised channel layout
    Full FX parameters, including Tap Tempo
    Mute Groups and DCAs
    Talkback, SigGen assign
    Network and MIDI control
    USB data and device management
    Full metering including Mute/PAFL status and RTA
    User Permissions and Passwords
    Qu-Drive USB record/playback control

[B] Scene and recall filter/safes management <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<————————————-[/B]

Total Local/Remote/Monitor and USB I/O patching
    Remote Shutdown

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

There are 15 soft keys available, however, only 4 of the appear on the desk itself as physical buttons.

I no longer have a Qu-16, and can’t quite remember how you access 5 – 15 on the desk itself, but I do know they are all easily available in the Qu-Pad app.

So you can set up, up to 15 scene recalls on soft keys, then place them where you want in the Qu Control app.

cbcmedia
    Participant

markPAman, this is perfect, thnx. the extra soft keys are in fact ONLY visible/programmable via the QU-Pad app. I’ll assign them there, then setup the QU-Control app for dumbed-down usage.

cbcmedia
    Participant

volunteer, I am aware of the QU-Pad app and its breadth of control, my post was concerning usage of the QU-Control app which advertises scene recall, but doesn’t directly offer it…only via pre-programmed soft-keys. I guess that’s the route I have to go. The QU-Pad app IS essential, though, for access to the “hidden” extra softkeys on the QU-16 desk.

volounteer
    Participant

@cbcmedia

sorry. I saw 3 Qu control aps on the AH website.
    I did not see any scenes for the other aps.

This is the claim for your Qu-control at the AH link for qucontrol
    https://www.allen-heath. com/ahproducts/qu-control/

SCENES ARE *NOT* LISTED

Features
    List of parameters assignable to Qu-Control:
    Input Faders
    LR On/Off buttons
    LR On/Off Radio buttons
    Master Faders
    Input Mutes
    Master Mutes
    Mute Groups
    Send Levels
    Send On/Off buttons
    Send On/Off Radio buttons
    Group Send Levels
    Group On/Off buttons
    Group On/Off Radio buttons
    Matrix Send Levels
    Matrix Send On/Off buttons
    Matrix Send On/Off Radio buttons
    Softkeys

cbcmedia
    Participant

Volunteer,

“Qu-Control offers simple configuration of up to five screens with up to 15 control ‘widgets’ each, for applications including background music source selection, master zone level, scene recall, or microphone paging.” This was the claim I was referencing.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Further thoughts on this. If there are times that somebody mixes from the desk then probably best not to use 1 – 4 for scene changes, so they’re available.

Also, probably best to Block the soft keys from scene recall in the global filters section.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.