QU-32 Mix Monitor Problem

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-32 Mix Monitor Problem

Tagged: 

This topic contains 24 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jakie Jakie 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bear
    Bear
    Participant

or patched into a group output
    ?

Profile photo of Jakie
    Jakie
    Participant

Thanks for your response!

Group output is not in use for any. Nothing is connected to matrix output except for mix9-10….!

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Everything you have described so far points to a routing issue where Mix3 really isn’t being outputted where you think it is and instead one of the other mixes (or outputs) is assigned to the physical outputs you “think” should be Mix3. It is possible to output something to more than one physical output. For example, it might be as simple as Mix2 being routed to both the Mix2 output AND the Mix3 output.

There are a couple of ways to troubleshoot this. The easiest is probably to talk into a vocal mic while you listen to Mix3. While talking, bring down that vocal mic’s channel in Mix1 mix, then try Mix2, then Mix3, then Mix4, then the Main Mix, etc until you hear the change in Mix3. Whatever mix you are controlling when you hear the change is the mix that is being routed to the outputs you “think” are Mix3. Odds are you will find that the routing has been duplicated and you aren’t actually outputting Mix3 on the physical outputs you are using for Mix3.

If this doesn’t work, then I would send a signal out to only Mix3 and remove it from every other aux, output and matrix. Then confirm that you can hear this source in Mix 3’s output. If you don’t, then this confirms that something being patched incorrectly and you really aren’t hearing Mix 3 out of the Mix3 output. If you can hear it, then it would seem things are routed correctly, but some setting is incorrect in the signal chain which is preventing it from working as expected. At least you will know where to look (routing page vs Mix3 signal chain) based on this test.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The outputs on the QU surface are fixed and can not be patched….with the exception of the ALT OUT and the AES OUT, are you using the ALT OUT or the MIX 3 XLR output jack?

Profile photo of Jakie
    Jakie
    Participant

I believe we are using mix3 output connected to shure IEM…!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Post a picture of the back of your mixer.

Profile photo of Jakie
    Jakie
    Participant

This is the pic.
    Nothing is connected to ALT and AES!

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

I can’t see a picture.
    You wrote that you “believe” your mix3 output is connected to an IEM?
    Well..
    Please start tracking down your problem from the beginning, by eliminating all other possible failure sources.
    An IEM system offers plenty of possibilities to get something wrong, so leave that aside.

Next thing you should do is (among trying what other users including me suggested earlier):

Plug some “simpler” device into XLR Output Mix 3 instead of the iem system.
    Ideally an active speaker (turn it down a bit just in case!) so you can directly hear what’s coming out of the XLR socket.

Then follow Brian’s latest post.

If you still can’t turn down Mix3:

– save your current scene,
    – reset mix settings to a blank, default scene
    – follow Brian’s latest post

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Plug some headphones into the mixer and PLF mix 3 and see what that sounds like.

As Tom posted, the word “believe” makes us wonder and why I asked for a picture.

Profile photo of Jakie
    Jakie
    Participant

Yes!
    Again, after I uploaded the picture, which failed, I clearly know that it’s XLR output, not on AES nor ALT as I said above.

I will run that test. And as Tom mentioned, IEM might be the problem. I should look into that as well to make things sure…!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.