Qu-32 Headphone Output Issue

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-32 Headphone Output Issue

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of CONTORTED CONTORTED 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CONTORTED
    CONTORTED
    Participant

Greetings, I just recently (last week) purchased a Qu-32 and I am just starting to feel out it’s functionality (and being an old geezer who used analog boards for 45 years, this is a bit daunting for me :-).

Yesterday, while checking some of the feeds to the Mix buses, I suddenly realized that I lost the left channel in my headphone feed. After checking every setting that I changed (thinking that I may have killed the left channel feed by changing a parameter), confirming that three available sets of headphones were working properly in other units, AND then scouring the A&H manual online and checking this forum, I am at a point of giving up.

BEFORE I cave in and take the unit back to my dealer (or am otherwise forced to send the unit in for warranty work – fearing I have a bad headphone socket or faulty solder point), I would like to know if any of you fine folks have a suggested troubleshooting (or remedy) for my issue. Any advice will be much appreciated!!!

Thank You.

Carl (Contorted).

P.S. Happy New Year!

Profile photo of CONTORTED
    CONTORTED
    Participant

Well Gang…It turned out that not only did ONE headphone have an issue (bad solder point in the jack), TWO of my headphones had problems. I opened up an NOS Fostex headphone package that I had sitting on my utility shelf for years and it worked like a champ. So it appears that that little emergency has been resolved (“Where’s the ANY key?”).

We can close this little thread out now (at least until something else mysteriously breaks here…).

Cheers.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.