QU-24 Mixer won't boot, Pan LED rotating

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-24 Mixer won't boot, Pan LED rotating

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MVans14
    MVans14
    Participant

My church is putting on a musical and the dress rehearsal is tonight. I haven’t done anything to the board but we did run it for a long time yesterday with a queue-to-queue. Today the board doesn’t power on and the LED light on the Pan is moving back and forth on the panel. All lights on the back appear to be powered on as expected.

Is the board forcing a firmware update? I have never done one on this board and we have had it for a number of years but why would this all of a sudden occur this morning?

If I complete the firmware update will that mess up the stored settings and scenes from the show?

I need this running by tonight so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of Bear
    Bear
    Participant

Just a thought is there a drive plugged into the usb?

Profile photo of MVans14
    MVans14
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, there was a USB drive pulgged in for recording sevices, which is normal. I unplugged when this happened and then turned the board off and back on with the same result. The screen doesn’t turn on and the pan light rotates left right continuously.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Maybe try doing a forced firmware update / reload.

Put your key into the USB-A slot. Hold the USB (above preamp) and HPF in buttons down as you power up. This should invoke the bootloader to look for a new firmware image on a USB key and force an update.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.