QU 24 FX not working after DCA's are added to the scene?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU 24 FX not working after DCA's are added to the scene?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Teddster Teddster 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #49050
    Profile photo of Teddster
    Teddster
    Participant

    Hello folks,
    I have an odd problem that has been haunting me over the last few days. I was in the process of building new scenes for upcoming shows and I noticed that on the scenes that I have added DCA functions, the FX stops routing to the main L&R. I do see signal on the send/returns – yes, they are turned on. I also built a duplicate scene without using the DCA’s and the FX work as they should. I have checked everything! and I cannot come up with a solution. I do have the latest build of firmware (1.7) and I have had no other issues.

    Thoughts?

    Am I missing something?

    Thank you!

    #49055
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

    Are the DCA’s turned up?

    #49058
    Profile photo of Teddster
    Teddster
    Participant

    Yes, the DCA’s are up and unmuted. The DCA’s work fine, but I cannot get any fx signal to the mains?

    #49059
    Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

    You have confirmed signal present at the FX returns, but have you confirmed routing/assignment of the return channel(s) to the L/R bus? Could they somehow not be assigned?

    #49061
    Profile photo of Teddster
    Teddster
    Participant

    Thanks Dick, I will check the routing. Why would the routing change just because of the addition of DCA’s?

    #49067
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

    wich level does your DCA have? Full?
    did you see no level from the FX or can’t hear no FX?

    #49123
    Profile photo of Teddster
    Teddster
    Participant

    Well….I figured it out! Last night I did have an issue where I lost my mains – left was gone and the right was so badly distorted that I was afraid that my speakers were blown (this occurred during sound check). The issue: corrupted 1.70 firmware. How do I know this? After the issue started, I troubleshooted all cables connections etc and all pointed to the board. I replaced the board with an “old” digital and the show went on with NO audio issues. I downloaded the new 1.73 and rebuilt the firmware. All is well with the world including the VCA’s which now work perfectly. Still love the board, but I will not be pleased if I have an issue like this again. Thanks to all who chimed in!

    #49124
    Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

    Glad you got it sorted. Yeah, re-boot, re-install…all part of this wonderful new world of 1’s and 0’s.

    #49125
    Profile photo of millerthriller
    millerthriller
    Participant

    So having an USB-Stick with the lastest FW in place may be a good idea for such cases…

    #49126
    Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

    So having an USB-Stick with the lastest FW in place may be a good idea for such cases…

    Yeah, as long as the firmware on the stick isn’t corrupt or get corrupted in the loading process…

    #49127
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas
    Moderator

    wondering if this may relate to the spurious-fader-action-issue, which was resolved with V1.73. Depends on whatever caused the unwanted fader operation and may not relate at all.

    #49315
    Profile photo of Teddster
    Teddster
    Participant

    Hello Andreas, I did not have any fader issues. Fortunately, this is the only issue that I have had and the firmware rebuild took care of everything. Many folk have had various problems like router connection and I have a cheap router and assorted iPads and never an issue.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.