QU-16 Recording

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-16 Recording

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

I’m looking to record our band at rehearsal using the multi track option and transfer it to a DAW for mix down. My question is can I use a 1 T bite USB drive that’s on my key chain to record our mix? I have a external hard drive I can use, but looking to avoid that if possible.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Have you tried formatting the drive in the mixer? It’s needs to be formatted using the mixer to work.

It takes a fairly fast USB stick to handle multitrack recording. You will see USB error warnings on the screen if the drive can’t keep up with the multitrack recording.

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

Yes, I’ve formatted the USB drive with the mixer. But, I have not tried using it for multitrack recording. I’ll give it a shot. If it doesn’t work, do you recommend a particular hard drive to use?

Profile photo of BBEgo
    BBEgo
    Participant

The QU is very picky about USB drives. Be sure to only drives that have been reported as compatible, like the ones listed in this thread:

Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Best to use an SSD drive such as the Samsung T5 or T7.

I use a 500gb T5 for such tasks and it works flawlessly.

🙂

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

I bought a Seagate portable 3.0 HHD hard drive to try out. I think it was listed on the compatible list. I looked at the list and the SSD’s were not working with the multi-recording, but maybe I’m wrong.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@richard,

as I’ve stated above, the Samsung T5 works great for multitrack recording.

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

I looked up the Samsung T5. Which series is it? How many bites?

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@richard,

Any of those Samsung T5 SSD drives from 250GB upto 2TB will work. You will find however that the 500GB model is more than enough space for many multitrack recordings to be stored on the drive.

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.