QU-16 Mix 1 Seems to be Muted

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU-16 Mix 1 Seems to be Muted

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Geoff Geoff 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

I was working on a series of radio shows yesterday, with a QU-16 supplied as the console at the remote location. L/R was used as the headphone feed at the remote location, with MIX 1 set up as a mix minus to send program via Comrex (an audio-over-IP codec) back to the station. Our cue came from the station over Comrex, and into CH 16 of the console. All sends to MIX 1 were set to post fade and unity gain, except CH 16, which had the fader down. Testing the day before provided the expected results, with the station getting my complete mix except for the cue feed.

But 20 minutes before air time the next morning, the station was not getting my mix-minus. I could see that it wasn’t getting to the input of the Comrex, and when I AFL’d MIX 1, I didn’t hear anything or see anything on the console meters. I double checked that I hadn’t muted MIX 1 and that it wasn’t in the mute group I was using for FX sends, but no luck there. I also re-loaded the scene, which I had saved the afternoon before after we did the setup and soundcheck. The quick solution was to re-patch program feed from MIX 1 to the Right main output, and pan CH 16 (the cue feed) all the way to the left. That got us through the first 3-hour show with no interruptions. MIX 2 was being used as a PA/monitor feed, and it had no problems.

In the break between shows, I set up MIX 3 as I had for MIX 1, and used it as the mix minus feed for the rest of the day. I also checked that the DCAs (which I wasn’t planning on using anyway) were all set to unity gain, just in case one of them was assigned to MIX 1. I kept checking periodically during the day, and MIX 1 (AFL’d in headphones) remained silent.

This might be a hardware problem inside the console, but finger problems on my part or leftover settings from another user seem more likely.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Geoff

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.