Post Fader Insert

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions Post Fader Insert

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura Tatsuya Nakamura 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

Avantis input ch settings require a ‘Post Fader Insert Point’ option.

The reason is that we want to use the Dugan plug-in.

This exists in Waves Sound Grid, but there are also hardware models for Dante and MADI.

The Dugan plug-in really comes into its own when used with Post Fader.

However, Avantis only has the Insert option for Pre Fader.
    Post Fader can be selected on the YAMAHA QL and CL.

Avantis can optionally use Waves(WSG) as well as Dante and MADI in multiple channels, and I think it works very well with dPack.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Have you tried the built in “Dugan” style auto-mixer built into the Avantis?

Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

AMM was also tested, of course.

AMM is not Dugan.

Profile photo of Jgrift
    Jgrift
    Participant

I use the AMM on A&H and the Dugan on Yamaha all the time. They both auto mix. Can’t tell if one is better than the next.

Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

Dugan allows Manuel, auto, and Mute for each and every group, and allows assignments to a group to be moved to the next group at the touch of a button.

The Override feature is also very nice.
    Of course, I personally prefer to use Dugan because it works a little differently.
    So when using Dugan, the PreFader insert affects the same group when the fader is turned down all the way.

So a PostFader insert point is needed.

The AMM with Avantis is great, but I want to use Dugan (Waves) for different purposes.

Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

I’ll say it again…

Avantis input ch settings require a ‘Post Fader Insert Point’ option.

Dugan is not the only objective.
    There are times when you want to control the overall volume after inserting a Reverb effect, for example, and creating a balance with the Dry/Wet knob.
    Or to add reverberation to a sound source of water droplets falling on the surface of water.

Other times, when you want to have a compressor with post-fader inserts for a speech that alternately repeats loud and quiet voices.

The sound will not be over-compressed, and the quality of the sound can be assured even when a whisper suddenly changes to a loud voice.

We would love to see this implemented in Avantis and dLive.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.