Possible bug when using soft rotary button for pafl

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Possible bug when using soft rotary button for pafl

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Carl N Carl N 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Carl N
    Carl N
    Participant

I noticed today that when a soft rotary is assigned as a channel fader, and the corresponding button is assigned as pafl, the “select follows pafl” rule isn’t followed. Is this by design? If so could it be an option? It’s very useful to have a livestream mix on there but it would be great if the mix was selected when pafl’d.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Carl,

I can understand how this would be useful, but unfortunately it’s logically not possible in all situations.
    When selecting a channel, it must exist somewhere on the channel strips. The PAFL key can then activate the associated Sel key using the ‘Sel follows PAFL’.
    Processing and routing screens follow this selection and display either the bank view or selected process/routing view for that channel strip.
    So with PAFL on a Soft Rotary, there is no associated channel strip or Sel key, plus you may not even have the channel you’re PAFL’ing on any of the channel strips at all. This means the Processing and Routing screens would not have anything to go to even if you could select your channel ‘in the background’ and use the dedicated surface controls (but I’d suggest that’s even MORE confusing!).

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Carl N
    Carl N
    Participant

Thanks Kieth, I understand what you mean. Definitely a first world problem haha, but if there’s any chance to add the behaviour I described as an option I would be very grateful!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.