PEQ controls

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Richard Richard 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

I find myself using the PEQ knobs less and less. Especially switching from dLive to Avantis and back, I mostly control the EQ on screen or with the main screen encoder. Curious if this is a common trend. Do other people here prefer the dedicated EQ section? What if it was assignable like the other knobs?

Profile photo of Jonas
    Jonas
    Participant

Using sound for live theatre, I largely prefer to be able to quickly and efficiently control EQ. I also cannot think of what else you might want to assign to knobs, only other thing I use quickly are gates which already have assigned knobs.

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

I used to forget about using them, but I’ve found myself using them more recently. Especially true if I’ve get other processing screens open and I can see the PEQ graphics in the south view. My only annoyance is not being able to latch the modifier key for the width setting (unless I’ve missed this option?)

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

Richard, you can set it to latch. Just hold down the setup key and touch the eq.

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up @runes. Just had another look in the firmware reference guide and found it! Could have saved me some time on a gig last week, but I’ll know for the future now!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.