Patching Qu-SB into A&H PA12-CP?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Patching Qu-SB into A&H PA12-CP?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of yukonjohn
    yukonjohn
    Participant

The small folk venue I volunteer at has an Allen and Heath PA12-CP powered console, with passive FOH speakers and monitors (one mix). I would like to get some live experience on my Qu-SB at that venue using their existing gear.

My goal is to patch/bridge my Qu-SB into the PA12-CP to mix shows, piggybacking on the PA12-CP amps to the unpowered speakers. From the PA12-CP manual I am not sure which inputs on the PA12-CP I should use for this. I am thinking I should be using the AB AMP inputs. NOTE: the PA12-CP amps are set to run mono… ampA to FOH and ampB to the single monitor feed.

From the PA 12 – CP manual I’m not 100% sure which inputs to use. I am thinking the A and B amp inputs (see attached image). From the Qu-SB, what outputs? L or R to ampA input (neither are labelled /Mono as you see in North America)? Mix 1 to the ampB input?

To be clear, I want to do all the mixing via the QU-SB, but run the outputs via the amps of the powered PA12-CP. And I assume I am missing some other required tweaks!

Thank you for any clear direction anyone can provide on this matter.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Patch the SB main L or R out to the A amp channel running the mains and the mix out for the monitors to the B amp input.

You will need a couple XLR to 1/4 patch cables. or you could assign either your monitor mix or main mix to the matrix and use one of those outputs.

Make sure all the inputs are panned to the center.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.