Panning not working as expected

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting Panning not working as expected

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jaxo Jaxo 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jaxo
    Jaxo
    Participant

When i pan a mono channel to the right the signal goes away, and when in center or all the way to the left it come out both sides. Am i missing a setting?

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Sounds weird!
    Confirm what source is selected for the headphones output – check it isn’t allocated to maybe a mono channel of a stereo mix rather than LR?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@jaxo

Apologies if I’m jumping to conclusions, but one way I can think of this happening is if you had headphones connected directly to outputs 1, 3 or 5 on the 18T or 12T and have the output stereo linked.

If this is how you’ve connected up – note that TRS outputs 1-6 are balanced mono outputs and cannot be used to feed headphones directly.
    For stereo operation you need to connect to 1&2, 3&4 or 5&6 to get left and right signals and feeding an external headphone amp or IEM system.
    If using an external headphone amp which can take a balanced mono signal to feed L&R of the headphones, you should only be using the output in mono.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Jaxo
    Jaxo
    Participant

Thanks. Turns out it was my headphones. I tried another pair and it works properly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.