Output Share on DT168 and Dt168?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Output Share on DT168 and Dt168?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tom Tom 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Hi, i have an sq7 an sq6. If i add two stage box dx168, and Sq7 is linked to two dx168, and another slink card on sq6 for stage,
    is impossible to share the output on dx168 is right?

But with Dante is possible? Can i use one lan cable connected on my sq7 dante card primary port to dt168, and one for sq6 from secondary port of dt168?

I would like to use for example the out 7/8 for FOH 6 for Sub and 1/2/3/4/5 for Stage Monitor.

Sq7 for FOH/Sub and Sq6 for Stagemonitor but one or two Stagebox (not physical output for example on sq6 for monitor)

Sorry for my english

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Hi icecool,

Yes it’s possible.
    You have to use tie lines. These act like patch cables, so you can connect any port to any. S-Link to Dante, S-Link to S-Link, all without the need to use a processing channel.

For me this is the real big deal, that sq can manage this signal routing so flexible.
    Really great!

So it’s no problem to link the foh signal to the stageboxes, connected to the monitor desk.
    No Matter if S-Link, Dante, Madi or local Analog IO.

All the best,
    dd

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Thank’s a lot for the reply.
    So if i use a dx168 linked to another dx168 linked to sq6 monitor desk, and in sq6 desk i bought another slink card linked to sq7 FOH desk, i can use from sq7 the out of any dx168? this is possible with tie lines?

Sorry, but in tie lines pages of sq7 how acknowledge the out of the dx168 connected to sq6?

Thank’s
    Tom

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Hi Tom,

FOH SQ7 (S-Link Port internal) <====> (S-Link opt. Card) Mon SQ6 (S-Link Port internal) <====> (Port 1) DX168-1 (Port 2) <====> (Port 1) DX168-2

So to send you Subs (zB. Aux1 on SQ7) to Output 1 on the 2nd DX168-2

On SQ7 patch:
    Aux1 to Slink 1

On SQ6 patch:
    tie lines IOCard 1 to Slink 17 !!!
    17 !! is important, because DX168 Outs are 1-8 on the S-Link port, 9-16 are UNUSED! and 17-24 are the outputs of the 2nd DX168

please have a view on these Webpage and videos, your questions are very good answered there:

https://support.allen-heath.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4402939344017-SQ-Example-patching-SQ-to-SQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bpNGy3DgAI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxMyrGDmLIE

greetings,
    dd

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Thanks I try with sq7 linked to sq6 and share out of sq6 and is ok.

Many thanks ioTon, in my old gld112 I had dante and the tie lines are still being studied. You have solved a fundamental question. Thanks thanks thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.