One Mic Multiple Channels

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions One Mic Multiple Channels

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RS RS 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 2PhatCC
    2PhatCC
    Participant

Hey all! I do sound for a theater group and will be using an SQ board for the first time in February (either SQ5 or SQ7, I don’t remember). We typically have 21-23 mic packs, but many of them are shared packs. I cut my teeth on the QU-32, and we typically had to find people with similar vocal ranges so that the EQ would be somewhat similar when the packs changed. I’ve since used a few other boards that allow me to set the same pack onto multiple channels and use separate EQ settings for each channel, so we didn’t have to worry as much about who is sharing a pack. Does anyone by chance know if I can do this on the SQ boards? It looks like I can, but I’m trying to plan accordingly.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

You can split a input to as many channels as you like. But 2 points you have to keep in mind:
    – headamp is the same for all channels sharing the same input. You can use digital trim though to make adjustments
    – SQ can only operate a max of 48 channels. This is true no matter which SQ board you will be using.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Using the QU with a remote stage box you can assign an input to multiple channels.
    The surface inputs are fixed, you would need to use old fashioned Y cables!

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Using the QU with a remote stage box you can assign an input to multiple channels.
    The surface inputs are fixed, you would need to use old fashioned Y cables!

did not realize his question was pointed towards QU usage….

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

He is going to use the SQ for the first time, instead of the QU he has been using before.

So RS your first post was on point.

Profile photo of 2PhatCC
    2PhatCC
    Participant

Thanks all! This is similar to what I have done on the Yamaha QL7, so the headamp being the same for all is similar to what I’m used to. And we typically only share a handful of mics so I shouldn’t need more than 25-26 inputs. This method just makes things way easier.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

He is going to use the SQ for the first time, instead of the QU he has been using before.

I was a bit sarcastic, sorry….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.