No sound at all from outputs on the unit

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting No sound at all from outputs on the unit

This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MJPA Hire MJPA Hire 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ant
    ant
    Participant

Just to close the loop: I sent my qu-pac to repair center and it is fixed now. Due to COVID-19 situation it took almost month to have it fixed. Now it’s time to think about backup unit.

Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

I had the same problem with my Qu-pac. A hard reset fixed it.

Profile photo of shirk audio
    shirk audio
    Participant

I just had a similar problem with a QU-PAC. It was intermittent and crackly just like a bad connection, but it was all outputs simultaneously. Only the AES3 was solid. After warming up a bit it would work. In troubleshooting I found a good whack would fix it. So I opened it up and sprayed/wiped all the ribbon and pin connectors with Deoxit. It’s now working fine, but of course the process of deracking and disassembling it could also have done that. We shall see how it lasts.

Obviously the bad connection had to be in the digital domain to affect all channels at once. The interesting thing to me was that a digital bad connection sounds a lot like an analog one.

Dale

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I have one of the original Qu-Pacs and Qu-16s purchased shortly after their original release dates, and both are still going strong. I also have GLDs which are even older, and also still working perfectly. A&H has always been known for making a solid product. 😀

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Like @scott, I purchased my QU-16 in January 2014 and it has been faultless, same goes for the QU-SB which is my goto setup now and has been for a few years.

Profile photo of MJPA Hire
    MJPA Hire
    Participant

I’m having the same problem with one one my QUPac’s when it’s turned on before connecting the Router Cst5e into the network socket. I reboot of the desk all (connected except outputs) gets it passing audio as normal

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.