no direct out fx over usb

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting no direct out fx over usb

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ljefe ljefe 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ljefe
    ljefe
    Participant

Hi. I’ve got a new QU-16. Yesterday I updated the operating system to 1.6. Everything went smoothly.

I’ve been using it without frustration until today. I can’t seem to record the internal FX over USB streaming to my Macbook. I can record tracks just fine, but no delay, reverb, etc. I have “direct out” selected under “set-up > usb audio > CH/ST source”. The back panel of the delay shows input “FX 1” and out to “mix > return”. Under “channel routing” the “direct out source” is “post delay”. I have clicked “apply” in all cases. (That’s easy to forget sometimes.)

I can hear the delay as I play, it just doesn’t record. I’m sure it’s user error. Please help me figure this out, I’ve been at it for hours.

Thanks!

Profile photo of ljefe
    ljefe
    Participant

Edit: A bit of dinner and a break and suddenly it seemed self-evident- the effect has to be an insert. I tried that earlier today but failed to see and press the yellow “insert” button under the back panel of the delay effect.

Time to rock.

If I’m off the mark here, or if there is an easier route to take, please let me know.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

You could record the FX return, see the manual section on USB audio output routing. Section 8.14.

Profile photo of ljefe
    ljefe
    Participant

Thanks for the reply! That was my original solution, and it works well but uses another pair of inputs. At this stage I’m just trying everything to see what this mixer can do.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

could also use a mix to combine channel(s) and Fx-return(s) and record that one…

Profile photo of ljefe
    ljefe
    Participant

Yes! I hadn’t thought of that. That is an interesting idea.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.