Netgear M4250 Switch config for use with ME-1

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Netgear M4250 Switch config for use with ME-1

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jon Jon 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jon
    Jon
    Participant

So just got figured out what needs to be changed to use one of the new Netgear M4250 series AVLine network switches with and A&H ME-1 system. Of course it is said on many other posts that the switch needs to be a 100Mbps switch not a Gigabit switch. Maybe I’m the only one, but I have always assumed that was for the ME-1s. But I just found out that it is not. I saw a little note from one of the moderators on another thread that got me thinking and after testing it out I found out what has to happen. The 100Mbps need is for the console connection to be limited to 100Mbps, not the ME-1s. As the note I saw said, if an S-Link connection detects a Gigabit connection it switches to GigaAce mode, which therefore makes it not compatible with the ME-1s. Below are the items that need to be switched on the Netgear M4250 series to be able to be used with this setup.

– Port to console set to 100mb/s manually
    – Turn off STP or ports flap
    – Turn off Broadcast storm control

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.