NAMM 2017, Do GLD owners have anything to look forward to?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions NAMM 2017, Do GLD owners have anything to look forward to?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 46 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JP
    JP
    Participant

I spoke with someone that told me that A&H is working on a prototype for the replacement of the GLD series, but that person told me that he is not shure it will be unveiled yet at Prolight and Sound on Frankfurt Germany.
    Maybe t will take some more time. He told me also that The chrome edittion has appeared at around 1 year ago and it is a bit soon to launch new model.
    Maybe next year I think.
    But it could be possible to have a surprise next week at Frankfurt…

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Personally I don’t see that GLD needs replacing. With the exception that there could be some updates added I think it’s a good platform. I haven’t sold many since the QU series works for most of my churches. I have an 80 I use myself.
    Look at Yamaha. Even with their newer series they still have the LS9 and M7. I can’t imagine anyone buying those at their price point but they are there.
    I can do 48 channels in a small footprint that sounds great and works well. Anything they do would be based on the dLive. Maybe. With Digico and Calrec in the stable who knows? They tend to keep their different models grouped based on inputs. You need more than 32 you move up from QU to GLD. You need more than 48 you move into D. I think that’s smart. You make a QU that does 48 and you kill GLD. And so on.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.