NAMM 2017, Do GLD owners have anything to look forward to?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions NAMM 2017, Do GLD owners have anything to look forward to?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 46 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Does seem that way. But since they refuse to even respond to anything GLD related one has to wonder. I feel it will go away. There’s a sale deal on now. Probably trying to close out inventory. Damn shame.

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

Just took a look at list prices for dLive… C-Series console/mixrack combos list in the $13k -> $21.5k range depending on what models you get.

That’s a little steep for anything meant as a GLD replacement, and more in line with the iLive T-Series.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Actually from 6500-21500

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

$6500 just gets you a MixRack (no surface)… the C1500 surface adds another $8500. At least that’s how Full Compass has it up on their site at the moment.

Happy to be proven wrong, though!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Maybe so. I’m awaiting my dealer price sheets. Will know more then.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

JCarter. You are correct. I misread it. Thanks.

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

From the release I first read I would have said the prices GCumbee first quoted. It was not very clear on the prices.

Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

yeah, it’s kind of a nail, have to wait till info comm at least. I’m on the edge to order the m32 now…

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

M32 has been killing us.

Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

Selling my AR2412, in case anyone is interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/152399418821

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Well…. I’m sure glad I wasn’t holding my breath for any good news on the GLD front. Not a bit of news. Sad.

John

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

John, the iLives are still running and in current use.
    The GLD will still be running in 10 years.
    Just the same as analog desks.
    Equipment becomes older and new equipment [and methods] come along.
    [is this progress?]
    It has taken myself some time for myself to understand this principle about equipment and the relationship we have with our equipment that we purchase and use.
    I have multiples of AR boxes and would like more of that kind of easy plug and go equipment.
    Sure, A & H are probably putting all of their energy into the dLive system.
    That company needs to move forward and keep ahead within their business industry.
    Thin k of the time line we have gone from analog to digital!
    10 years? 15?

I do hope A & H will not forget the loyalty of the iLive, GLD and QU user updates.

Profile photo of Jbbackupmusicman
    Jbbackupmusicman
    Participant

Went to NAMM 2017. Spoke to A&H Rep about the fate of the GLD80. He asked me what else I’d like it to do. He then mentioned that the processor is maxed out. Really nothing more it can do. I mentioned that he must have had a lot of people like me asking about the GLD80 and he said I was the first one. Lol. I find that hard to believe. Very weird conversation. He couldn’t wait to get rid of me. The church I work for bought the board 4 years ago for $10,000. At NAMM they showed the chrome board for $4,999. I realize gear depreciates over time but I thought those of us using the GLD80 would be told that the old girl is dead. So that we wouldn’t wonder about firmware updates, etc. But no word at all. We all know there are many options in digital mixers. Our main campus purchased the dlive which I pushed for. We have six campuses. I can tell you now that I’m rethinking whether or not I will recommend an A&H product next time.

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

JB,

Thanks for your perspective of someone who was there at NAMM. That rep may have given you short shrift seeing little fruit from his interaction with you since you were only inquiring about a lame duck product. I hope I do not have to wait too long to see if they are going to bring out a replacement for the GLD80/112 or simply let it coast. It would be nice to continue to utilize my two A to D chassis, Dante interface and my ME-1 mixers. Personally I would like to see a new processor board and keep my mixing surface. If designed properly that board would not run out of steam for a while.

I have seen the price of my system go down three times after my purchase due to competition. I bought in too early on the advice of a distributer who assured me A&H would improve the way scenes are handled. I thought he new something but…

Companies can either make you happy you spent a lot for a long partnership or spent a little on disposable gear. I do not see too much middle ground. Good luck choosing the new mixers.

John

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

A salesman will always tell you your old chev or Ford or.. Lada or whatever is plumb run out of steam! Maxed out like my bank account!
    They want to sell you the latest whiz bang jobby [and I want to buy one] 😐

I paid about $10,000 [NZ] for [each] GL2200 quite some years ago.
    I did a lot of shows with those 2 mixers.

Unfortunately only A & H can design a refit board for the GLD.

They might squeeze some more out of it yet man.
    Its a matured stable digital system.
    It will go on for years yet!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.