Multitrack recording file size a few kb, size on disk 29 gb

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Multitrack recording file size a few kb, size on disk 29 gb

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TVDL Music TVDL Music 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TVDL Music
    TVDL Music
    Participant

Hi guys
    I was happy that we did a live video/multitrack recording at last nights gig until i came home..
    I used the same 2tb disk as last time which worked fine. We formatted it on the QU24 with no errors and all files are on disk (FAT). Our sound man said that finalizing took 2 minutes for our 3 hour show so I assume there is nothing wrong there too. The thing is that windows 10 sais that the files are only a few kb in file size while the disk properties say 29GB. When I try to play them from the external HD I get “decoder not found for this format” error. The files do have the correct name with .wav extension.

Before I do something stupid I was wondering if someone can tell me what I need to do to fix this?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Sure that it completes finalizing? This is the regular issue with recording not properly finalized, where Data is correctly written to files but directory entry and file headers weren’t updated yet.

There is a knowledgebase article on this: Why do my Qu-Drive recordings appear corrupt?

Profile photo of TVDL Music
    TVDL Music
    Participant

Alright, i will try that! Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.