multitrack recording errors after v1.4.3 update?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting multitrack recording errors after v1.4.3 update?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of woutersnoei
    woutersnoei
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve used the USB multitrack recording option on my 128GB USB stick (Sandisk) a couple of times without problems, but it seems that since I updated to the new firmware version it has a hard time coping; the USB load goes up and a little yellow text shows multiple errors. Also I hear clicks in the recordings. I’m not doing anything different from before, could it be that something was changed in the update?

cheers & thanks,
    Wouter

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Wouter,

Please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com for assistance with this.

It’s important to note that we do not recommend using stick/flash style drives for SQ-Drive recording/playback, and SSD or HDD style drives should be used instead.

Thanks! Alex

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

It’s important to note that we do not recommend using stick/flash style drives for SQ-Drive recording/playback, and SSD or HDD style drives should be used instead.

oh that’s interesting?
    Why is that?
    Is that to eliminate people that try to use inferior memory sticks?

Profile photo of woutersnoei
    woutersnoei
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll test some more and open a ticket.

About the disks; indeed interesting, I didn’t read that before. The usb connection is not very handily placed for such disks..

Cheers & thanks,
    Wouter

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi XYZ,

Generally speaking, SSD and HDD drives perform much better for this task, so although it is possible for some flash/stick style drive to work for recording/playback, they are generally not suitable so we don’t recommend them.

There are many variables as to why some drives don’t work well, such as speed or the data transfer method used – to name a couple, so there isn’t just one specification to look for.

We have some more details about this here: https://support.allen-heath.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1183

Thanks!
    Alex

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.