Mult More than One Channel to DAW

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Mult More than One Channel to DAW

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gravyface gravyface 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gravyface
    gravyface
    Participant

I use a blend of two mics on guitar cab (57/421) and want to just send that as a “mult” to a single channel in my DAW via the Qu-24 as my interface.

I could probably buss to 25/26, but don’t really want to burn a stereo buss for a mono track.

Could I get away with selecting the same channel output to USB for Qu channels 19 and 20? i.e. go into settings on the Qu and choose “USB 19” for both 19 and 20?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

why not trying it by yourself? I can’t, because I have no console around for the moment

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

If you have an open mono mix you could bring up the two mic channels balanced between the two as you like them and assign that mix to a USB output.

Something tells me you can’t assign two channels to a single USB output.
    A few hours ago I was at my mixers and would have tried it.

gravyface
    Participant

Yup. Good idea.

Could also do this in the DAW too.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@gravyface ,

To combine/mix two (or more) channels a mix is required, either in the Qu or your DAW. Though of course if you are mixing them in the DAW, you’re still sending two channels from the mixer which is something you wanted to avoid.
    It is not possible to send two channels/sources to one output without mixing them, and in case it helps, I personally imagine the USB channels as empty ‘slots’ which can each be assigned one thing.
    That thing could be an insert send, a direct out or a mix, but the important part is that you are assigning a source to the USB channel rather than a USB channel to the source.

i.e. go into settings on the Qu and choose “USB 19” for both 19 and 20?

not possible – select the same USB channel for two sources
    is possible – select the same source for two USB channels

Cheers,
    Keith.

gravyface
    Participant

Thanks Keith. I’ll use the mono mix outs, which I’m not using right now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.